Jump to content

21310 - Old Fishing Store

Recommended Posts

Nice to see Adam Grabowski a Lego Designer and AFOL from Poland (we used to be members of the same RLUG group before he joined TLG).
Maybe that's why it's currently the cheapest offer out there on LEGO Shop at Home (cheapest in Europe) and second cheapest now worldwide (tax incl)

Great project even better execution, day 1 purchase for sure, kudos to both designer and the author.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.6.2017 at 10:35 PM, Shewie said:

Price for the set is has been revealed and surprisingly Poland has the best price worldwide slightly better than USD, even with 23% VAT tax included!
Poland Stronk.

the set is listed on LEGO Shop at Home website already with release date  01.09.2017

This makes a big sense to me, to buy this set in PL (and ship it to my parents-in-law) and bring it to Germany for resselling... As the current FX is 0,237 (PLN to EUR), the current price is 130 Euro only...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

I still can't get over the name of this set. Hey Lego, Ever hear of a bait or tackle shop? 

The original designer, a Dutch guy, is not fluent in English. He named it Old Fishing Store on the Ideas website. I guess LEGO will keep the designer's name given to the project, when the project has been selected to be produced as a real set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haay said:

The original designer, a Dutch guy, is not fluent in English. He named it Old Fishing Store on the Ideas website. I guess LEGO will keep the designer's name given to the project, when the project has been selected to be produced as a real set?

English is not first language for most customers either so it makes sense to keep things simple. Remember the Super Escort Girls.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

No, and I'm afraid to google it, but would love to hear the story :) 

Super Escort Girls is the lepar version of Super Hero Girls. As despicable as they are it's pretty hilarious. 

 

edit - On topic - I like the name. I would hope lego would stay with whatever the designer named it. 

Edited by marcandre
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1-6-2017 at 3:18 PM, cladner said:

this set looks so awesome - gives me a haunted house kind of vibe with the ramshackle shack appearance and the colors are fantastic.  considering this set a modular and the relative short life of Ideas sets (relative to the modular series), i will be buying OFS early and often.

Love this set. And you are right Cladner. I had the same feeling when I saw it the first time. It does remind me of the Haunted House. 

I am looking forward to buy and build this set and then integrate it into my lego city. I already know where to put it. In the outskirts and in the vincinity of haunted house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Love this set. And you are right Cladner. I had the same feeling when I saw it the first time. It does remind me of the Haunted House. 

I am looking forward to buy and build this set and then integrate it into my lego city. I already know where to put it. In the outskirts and in the vincinity of haunted house. 

Three guesses why this set has a "Haunted House Vibe".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2017 at 0:21 AM, Buzzz said:

Found this set this weekend in a random toy store 3 weeks before release. Should I sell it now? How much would it be worth?

Nice find! :) But regarding to sell it now ... Was it a fluke that you could buy it early or was there a pile of boxes anyone could buy? Is it just one store or a retail chain selling them all over the country? And what's the culture there regarding early access and willing to pay more for it? For example in The Netherlands people are generally stingy and unwilling to pay more than RRP if they can avoid that by waiting a few weeks till it becomes generally available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haay said:

Nice find! :) But regarding to sell it now ... Was it a fluke that you could buy it early or was there a pile of boxes anyone could buy? Is it just one store or a retail chain selling them all over the country? And what's the culture there regarding early access and willing to pay more for it? For example in The Netherlands people are generally stingy and unwilling to pay more than RRP if they can avoid that by waiting a few weeks till it becomes generally available. 

Sounds like Dutch are quite rational. Which is generally bad for business, most money can be made out of the imbecile. Gambling industry is a shining example of milking the stupid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most early releases sell to the reviewers / YouTube video guys these days.  Especially on a set like this.  Usually 1.5 times value is what they will move at consistently. Used to be able to get closer to 2x but nowadays product always seems to hit multiple sources early.   Always have to keep an eye on VIP early release days as it cuts the window down,  but I believe it was Ninjago City this month so should be safe there.  The product always hits about the 7th to 10th of month so pretty much everyone has it just depends who puts it out.  That can also depend if the case has the hard date sticker.  I've seen some high profile sets not be dated and some lesser lines be dated so it is hit or miss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×