Dungeon Master (D&D) ideas set

Starkthunder

Other than Minecraft I think this might be the fastest Ideas to 10k. It was posted Jan. 24 and hit 10,000 yesterday.

Dungeon Master

I like the idea but i think the rooms are a bit cluttered for actual "play." I can also see this being rejected because of being to close to Heroica or to "Adult". On the other hand if they can get the license to make it officially a D&D set (not likely) it could do very well.

• Like 6

Right out the gate, I always have relished the idea of official Dungeons & Dragons LEGO. I remember a couple years ago now the other company's building brand with K-REO did release a wave of builds and collectables which were neat sets with plenty of play value. Unfortunately and oddly enough I never saw those in stores around me though I suppose the mass clearances of prior K-REO stock had something to do with that or perhaps the new stuff just went to better performing areas instead.

Anywho, there is such a vast pool of lore, characters and settings in the realms of Dungeons & Dragons to be tapped into with many ways to go about it to boot. They could go with a design system similar to Lord of the Rings with various locale builds or maybe a type of modular setup allowing people to construct their own adventure board.

• Like 1

This flew completely under the radar for me. First time I heard about it, it had already achieved the 10,000 needed support votes. 

My son got some of the Heroica sets in sales, and I think the idea was okay but too limited. I tried to do a kind of D&D game with my son using the Heroica sets but it lacked too much to be compelling.

A better executed D&D Lego set could well be what I would enjoy playing with my son!

Edited by Haay

21 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

It's an ideas set. But not licensed D&D, but an old school dungeon that can be rearranged for lots of adventures.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/165437

4 hours ago, Starkthunder said:

I think he means the ideas set I started a thread about here.

That is what I thought was being referenced. It is just the quotation marks sauromosis used made me think he was, well, quoting a possibly legitimate source.

• Like 1