75183 - Darth Vader Transformation

jaisonline

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 11:46 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Actually, Lucasfilm and Marvel are rewriting canon around this set.

The "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo" is now "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" 

Plus Vader throws back The Emperor who was just helping :)

Nothing is sacred anymore.  Not even the terrible "Noooooooooooooooo"

IMG_0530.PNG

IMG_0531.PNG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:
Actually, Lucasfilm and Marvel are rewriting canon around this set.
The "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo" is now "No" "No" "No" "No" "No" 
Plus Vader throws back The Emperor who was just helping
Nothing is sacred anymore.  Not even the terrible "Noooooooooooooooo"

Not sure the context, I'm not reading the current run. But could it be Vader remembering things the way he wants to remember them?

He had to have been in shock.

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Not sure the context, I'm not reading the current run. But could it be Vader remembering things the way he wants to remember them?

He had to have been in shock.

Nope.  It's a narrative. It was even discussed on Rebel Force Radio last week.  I can't believe a comic would try to alter film canon.  

Oh well... maybe the last issue will be Vader is the shower and shown to be just a dream (kinda like Dallas did when Bobby Ewing died).  Oops, I forgot the spoiler tag for the Dallas show.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Nope.  It's a narrative. It was even discussed on Rebel Force Radio last week.  I can't believe a comic would try to alter film canon.  

Oh well... maybe the last issue will be Vader is the shower and shown to be just a dream (kinda like Dallas did when Bobby Ewing died).  Oops, I forgot the spoiler tag for the Dallas show.

You'll notice the word "No" only appears in a white dialogue box once, at the same way it is shown on screen. The preceding Nos all appear in black boxes, which represent his inner thoughts. No canon has been changed. They are simply showing what he was thinking before he spoke

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
My local Sainsbury's have these at £16, I noticed they're not retiring yet but there's not much stock anywhere at the moment. Worth a punt?

Stock is probably due to the Xmas period. The set has some nice minifigs so worth having at that price if nothing else. I imagine it will be obtainable via the next Tesco 3-4-2 for not a lot less. If it were to disappear it would do well as the shelf life would be around 6 months and only set to include Anakin minifig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

2 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Stock is probably due to the Xmas period. The set has some nice minifigs so worth having at that price if nothing else. I imagine it will be obtainable via the next Tesco 3-4-2 for not a lot less. If it were to disappear it would do well as the shelf life would be around 6 months and only set to include Anakin minifig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Thanks, yeah that was my thinking. It's a punt but I can't see I'd lose out on this set at that price. Already selling over RRP on ebay too. 

May just pick two up, I'd keep one if it doesn't do well and sell the other one hopefully at close to RRP.