What recently retired sets would you buy at RRP?

Manse1001

On 2/21/2017 at 1:37 PM, donbee said:

I'm not thrilled about the Maze. Don't think it'll reach high, but for a quick flip I wouldn't mind. If it'll flip that is.

I think the Maze will go quite a bit higher.  It's one of the most unique sets of the last few years, and I don't think there were a ton made, plus it had one of the shortest lifespans of a lego set.   People pay 300 for Fallingwaters, so this can easily get up into the 150ish range - just saying.

I think the Maze will go quite a bit higher.  It's one of the most unique sets of the last few years, and I don't think there were a ton made, plus it had one of the shortest lifespans of a lego set.   People pay 300 for Fallingwaters, so this can easily get up into the 150ish range - just saying.

But who is going to look for a Maze in two years? I think that's why exosuits never panned out. I'd never heard of exosuits until I came here. I'd never think to search for it. There's no license to create demand. How many people will know about a Lego maze set in two years? 4? It'll fade a way in people's memories, and there aren't many ways to generate demand for this. How many Ideas completionists are there?

19 minutes ago, donbee said:

But who is going to look for a Maze in two years? I think that's why exosuits never panned out. I'd never heard of exosuits until I came here. I'd never think to search for it. There's no license to create demand. How many people will know about a Lego maze set in two years? 4? It'll fade a way in people's memories, and there aren't many ways to generate demand for this. How many Ideas completionists are there?

Still, the short release portion of it will keep demand flowing.  I wouldn't want to have 50 or more, but a few will be great.  Plus, it's already spiked to almost 2x and it just retired.  When sets do that it is usually a good sign.

Still, the short release portion of it will keep demand flowing.  I wouldn't want to have 50 or more, but a few will be great.  Plus, it's already spiked to almost 2x and it just retired.  When sets do that it is usually a good sign.

Yes. I agree it's good now. And I've bought the few I've found. Im just warning against long holds. 4x RRP is a bit if a stretch to me. If it reaches $200, I'll be impressed, but I dont think it'll hold at that price for long. I could be wrong. I'm certainly still a newb, a novice at best. But I think my logic is sound. Once this set is forgotten, there's very little to pull it back in to people's memories.