BA Guide to AZ Claims : A Stone-age Guide for the Rest of Us

Bold-Arrow

37 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

There was an interesting thread thatI read on the seller forum the other day : 

Seller received an order for an expensive item that ended up shipping to a person whose name is different than the buyer ( most likely a dropshipper ) . Seller made the mistake of not getting signature confirmation and buyer end of opening an INR AZ claim . 

Seller was able to track the person to whom the item was shipped to and confirmed receipt and presented a written statement from said person to Amazon in his reply to the claim .

Amazon still sided with the scammer and refunded from seller's pocket 

what a mess 

can you post the link?

Another face palm A-Z case to report. 

I an Item sold FBM set $350 to a buyer.  Shipping label shows the recipient is different than buyer.  Alarms start going off.

I research recipient and they are indeed owners of the home where is was being sent.  Mind you they had quite a few payment issues in small claims court.

I contact Amazon to alert them to a potential problem (Different names of Buyer and Recipient).  While this does happen (drop shippers) I still felt nervous.

I use USPS Priority with delivery conf, insurance and signature required. Set gets there and is signed for.

Two days later I get a A-Z notice saying the set was fake.  This particular set and all I have within my inventory were purchased directly from Amazon.  Huh.

One of the (14) I bought was heavily damaged so I opened it to verify contents.  Yep All Lego in there.

I used BA's methodology (thank you) to put together a concise point by point list defending myself. 

I won the case and was not debited any amount.  Although I lost the amount of the return shipping.  However even after all the detail I gave they still refunded the buyer.  WTH!

Amazon is only perpetuating the problem by doing this.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, brickelements said:

Although I lost the amount of the return shipping. 

i think you can cancel the label and get it refund. it takes some time (90 days?) but you will get it eventually if the scammer  buyer never use the label  

BTW, your case is 100% like my case even the same outcome. well done Amazon. 

Edited by LegoEdison

42 minutes ago, brickelements said:

Another face palm A-Z case to report. 

I an Item sold FBM set $350 to a buyer.  Shipping label shows the recipient is different than buyer.  Alarms start going off.

I research recipient and they are indeed owners of the home where is was being sent.  Mind you they had quite a few payment issues in small claims court.

I contact Amazon to alert them to a potential problem (Different names of Buyer and Recipient).  While this does happen (drop shippers) I still felt nervous.

I use USPS Priority with delivery conf, insurance and signature required. Set gets there and is signed for.

Two days later I get a A-Z notice saying the set was fake.  This particular set and all I have within my inventory were purchased directly from Amazon.  Huh.

One of the (14) I bought was heavily damaged so I opened it to verify contents.  Yep All Lego in there.

I used BA's methodology (thank you) to put together a concise point by point list defending myself. 

I won the case and was not debited any amount.  Although I lost the amount of the return shipping.  However even after all the detail I gave they still refunded the buyer.  WTH!

Amazon is only perpetuating the problem by doing this.

This will still ding your ODR metric.  Also, keep an eye out for an authenticity complaint on your account.  Only one of those and you are in serious jeopardy.  Two and you are most definitely toast.  

Stay safe out there, folks.  High priced LEGO items via FBM are a huge risk.  Scammers have the edge and Amazon isn't doing anything about it.

This will still ding your ODR metric.  Also, keep an eye out for an authenticity complaint on your account.  Only one of those and you are in serious jeopardy.  Two and you are most definitely toast.  
Stay safe out there, folks.  High priced LEGO items via FBM are a huge risk.  Scammers have the edge and Amazon isn't doing anything about it.

I almost feel as though we should place a big red warning banner at the top of the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right thread so mods please redirect if not.  I'm a new seller on amazon (8 months or so) and buyer just left me negative feedback for a product I did not sell him.  Sold a dimensions pack and he left me negative feedback for an Ipad product.  I contacted the buyer explaining this and asked buyer politely to remove the negative feedback.  Anything else I can do at this point? Am I doomed?

5 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Not sure if this is the right thread so mods please redirect if not.  I'm a new seller on amazon (8 months or so) and buyer just left me negative feedback for a product I did not sell him.  Sold a dimensions pack and he left me negative feedback for an Ipad product.  I contacted the buyer explaining this and asked buyer politely to remove the negative feedback.  Anything else I can do at this point? Am I doomed?

Open a case and support should remove the feedback.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, had my first suspicious buyer from Amazon... The guy bought a set worth around 350 from me.. . I packaged it perfectly, with bubble wrap, the whole 9 yards ... the lego box was perfect.  SO he was getting what he paid for.

What is odd, is that about a few hours after he purchases it, and I just purchased shipping (through amazon USPS priority) he sends me a note a half hour later saying "I need this now, ship faster".. I told him he'll get it priority and in 2 to 3 days. 

Well, the first attempt at delivery he wasn't there, so they did it the next day, and then the next day the item is delivered.  He files a claim about 20 minutes after delivery saying "I didn't receive the item, and that the tracking is wrong".. I rejected the claim and filed a report, and Amazon reps reviewed it, and ended up reimbursing him, but they let me keep the money too.  

I've had numerous drop shippers of late too, and all the time they are from either California, NY, Florida, etc.  Luckily none of those have come back, but this is the first time this has happened to me in 3+ years on amazon.  Not sure what to think about it.  

DO you think Amazon looks further into these situations?  I mean, seriously all it takes is a call to that post office, and dig up the item from their scanners, and i'm sure this guy could be seen as committing mail fraud which is a federal offense.  Maybe that is happening, and I don't know about it.

I believe the USPS scanners have a GPS location that is part of the device, so if there is fraud, they can track that easily.  

Here is the note I recieved from amazon:

----

Hello,

We have granted the claim for this order and issued a refund to the buyer:

-- Order Number: $*$*%**$(W((W*(*# (kept private to protect me)
-- Date of Claim: May 24, 2017

We have found no reason to believe that you are responsible for this claim. We have issued a refund to the buyer, but we will not debit your account for that refund.

Please consider this transaction closed.

Best regards,
Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee Program

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

they won't do anything , you should file a claim with your courier for fraud, also get ready for an ODR hit 

My metrics haven't changed as of the moment...  and my account went down to 0.00, but it was restored to the original balance about an hour ago.  So, not sure what to think.  Amazon stated in their email "they found no reason to believe i'm responsible for the claim".  Plus, I used their services...

Personally, I have about a year to go selling out my stock, and then ill run about a year on fumes before I end this silly lego reselling game... so I don't want to lose my status on amazon, but if fraudulent buyers are getting away with scams like this, I think amazon needs to fix this ASAP.

Edited by fossilrock

Just now, fossilrock said:

My metrics haven't changed as of the moment...  and my account went down to 0.00, but it was restored to the original balance about an hour ago.  So, not sure what to think.  Amazon stated in their email "they found no reason to believe i'm responsible for the claim".  Plus, I used their services...

unless the AZ claim was denied or retracted you will get a ding. i will take 3-5 days for it to show up, just a heads up 

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

unless the AZ claim was denied or retracted you will get a ding. i will take 3-5 days for it to show up, just a heads up 

As long as I can continue to sell my stock out, I'm not too concerned at the moment.  But I do think i'll file a fraud claim with my local postal service.

I had my first AZ claim today. I think I've been fairly lucky until now. It was going to happen eventually. This was FBM. The buyer opened the case as item not described but is saying in the comments that they did not receive it. Tracking shows it was delivered. Shipping label was purchased through Amazon shipping services. No signature confirmation. I am assuming that they opened the case as item not described because the system would not let them open one as item not received because it's too early. Not sure how to respond to the claim since the reason for the claim does not match their comments.  I know I need to quote the shipping policy about labels purchased through Amazon but do I need to say anything else since the reason for the claim is item not described?  Any help would be appreciated. 

23 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I had my first AZ claim today. I think I've been fairly lucky until now. It was going to happen eventually. This was FBM. The buyer opened the case as item not described but is saying in the comments that they did not receive it. Tracking shows it was delivered. Shipping label was purchased through Amazon shipping services. No signature confirmation. I am assuming that they opened the case as item not described because the system would not let them open one as item not received because it's too early. Not sure how to respond to the claim since the reason for the claim does not match their comments.  I know I need to quote the shipping policy about labels purchased through Amazon but do I need to say anything else since the reason for the claim is item not described?  Any help would be appreciated. 

How expensive was the item? I think someone else posted about this same scenario a few days ago.