eBay 2017 Spring Seller Update - Wow

KShine

15 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

No doubt it adds up. Just pointing out the 10% discount reduction only translates to around a 1% fee hike. It's not like fees are going up 10%.

Yes - it is like fees going up (over 10%)

On $10,000 in fees, you would previously have owed (after the 20%) $8,000 - You will now be owing 9,000.00 (or 12.5% more in eBay fees).

It appears that the entire increase in ebay collected fees (ignoring the .15% general fee increase) will be coming from the hard work of their TRS's (their best sellers) - How fair is that? 

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KShine said:

On $10,000 in fees, you would previously have owed (after the 20%) $8,000 - You will now be owing 9,000.00 (or 12.5% more in eBay fees).

It appears that the entire increase in ebay collected fees (ignoring the .15% general fee increase) will be coming from the hard work of their TRS's (their best sellers) - How fair is that? 

Welcome Mr. middle-class citizen.

• Like 3

Corporate profits and trickle up economics. How can anyone be surprised by policies that hurt small income workers. I would just permanently assume a continuous 5% annual worsening of most things for all not in the upper 10% of net worth.  This is the world we live in now.

Edited by junkrigger

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seems every country is being dicked over with different fees. If it´s not Ebay, it´s Paypal. I guess it shows their sales are down.

It's weird ... At eBay Netherlands, in 2016 at least, putting up an item for Auction was free but putting up an item for BIN added a fee to be paid up front. 

I just checked eBay Netherlands again, and now both auctioning and BIN pricing options are free.

18 minutes ago, KShine said:

On $10,000 in fees, you would previously have owed (after the 20%) $8,060 - You will now be owing 9,067.50 (or 12.5% more in eBay fees).

The oodles and oodles sellers from China already pay full price to sell  on the bay (ie they do not do the TRS+ games) thanks to USPS.  The only stone left to squeeze is you dear TRS+ sellers    

I'm not defending it by any means.

My only point was the 20% FVF discount being cut to 10% looks like a pretty steep increase at face value - but the discount is pretty paltry to begin with, and only translates to the difference between 8 and 9%.

Guest TabbyBoy
41 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seems every country is being dicked over with different fees. If it´s not Ebay, it´s Paypal. I guess it shows their sales are down.

I hope their sales will really be down now as a lot of sellers will be looking elsewhere. It's a double-whammy... more fraudulent buyers, more fees and the honest seller picks up the bill. How about a buyer's premium like they have in proper auctions?

Right now, I want to force-feed the boss of eBay his testicles and eyeballs!

Guest TabbyBoy
36 minutes ago, Haay said:

It's weird ... At eBay Netherlands, in 2016 at least, putting up an item for Auction was free but putting up an item for BIN added a fee to be paid up front. 

I just checked eBay Netherlands again, and now both auctioning and BIN pricing options are free.

Not if you're a business seller! NOTHING is free! I'm resurrecting my private account and moving to that even though it's only got a few feedbacks. 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, brickwheatloaf said:

wow im gonna lose like $6 a month from this fee increase. thats one less subway footlong ill be able to buy for nourishment. thanks a lot ebay for starving me. 

My 100 or so auction listings will now go up from 9p to 30p meaning an extra £21 for me. What do I get for it? More scammers!

as a seller thats been below standard before this strikes fear in me "Final value fees for sellers who do not meet eBay’s minimum performance standards will increase by 4 percentage points on items sold on or after May 1, 2017". i wonder if instead of reducing ur selling and listing limits they're just going to increase FVF now >_> 

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

My 100 or so auction listings will now go up from 9p to 30p meaning an extra £21 for me. What do I get for it? More scammers!

wait why can u explain that

Edited by brickwheatloaf

23 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

wow im gonna lose like $6 a month from this fee increase. thats one less subway footlong ill be able to buy for nourishment. thanks a lot ebay for starving me. 

Its chicken meat only contains 50% chicken anyway so you are not missing much:

http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/subways-chicken-sandwich-is-only-kinda-sorta-chicken/

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

wait why can u explain that

I'm a business seller (had no choice!) and my 1p auction starts that used to cost 9p to list will now be 30p after 30MAR17. I refuse to pay that so will now use BIN (which attracts more scammers than auctions) on all items.

If you're not 95% perfect (was 90%) with shipping on time, you'll then pay an extra 4% FVF. I'm at 100% anyway as I always ship the same day an item sells or the morning after.

This is cruel to some sellers who can't always get to a post office on time and I hope that this will come back to bite eBay. As a buyer, I don't give a stinking stool if I have to wait a few days.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Its chicken meat only contains 50% chicken anyway so you are not missing much:

100% chicken, but 50% meat. They have to use the bones, sinew, skin, organs & blood up somehow! ;-)

I've worked in a tinned ham factory and a cat food factory and one of those has much higher standards than the other. No wonder my Tabby's coat looks so good!

The only Subway I'd eat is the cheese-steak.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

100% chicken, but 50% meat. They have to use the bones, sinew, skin, organs & blood up somehow! ;-)

I've worked in a tinned ham factory and a cat food factory and one of those has much higher standards than the other. No wonder my Tabby's coat looks so good!

The only Subway I'd eat is the cheese-steak.

Nope. 50% chicken DNA, meaning it does not even contain the scraps

The restaurant’s oven-roasted chicken contains a mere 53.6 percent chicken DNA and its chicken strips contain about 42.8 percent, according to an investigation by the Canadian news outlet CBC Marketplace.

The real "scam the seller" part on EBay/Paypal is the fact that when a customer has lousy passwords and gets their account hacked, or if a scammer fails to scam you, YOU, the seller, pay $0.30 to Paypal. You'd think they would withhold it from the money that gets refunded to the buyer, but no, the SELLER has to cough up. Even though it's only $0.30, it's a real disgrace. I've managed to get that fee reversed once, but haven't tried it on some of the recent scams they tried to pull. Maybe I should give it another go.

Basically if you have a n eBay store you are getting screwed the most. Fvf increase across the board.

Final value fee

Also they are making it much harder to keep a top rated seller status.

Seriously, I am waiting for someone to come up with a better version of eBay. This company has gotten seriously greedy!

And on top of that, eBay wants to know your operating hours to better estimate handling time. You need to fill in a time chart. Totally absurd!