853650 - Batman Movie Maker Set

Alpinemaps

Got this one today and what I learned today from Leicester Square Lego Store Manager that this one in particular will be covered by very short run, so if you want to make a good investment I would defo recommend to stock some, I've got two today and from what I can see, the set number is hidden, it's not like the other sets and there is no seal codes on the box, which says nothing and says a lot in same time. Currently Sold Out at website so who knows... I think the Lego wanted to test the customers behaviour with this one rather than release this as a regular set along with other Batman Lego Sets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shewie said:

Got this one today and what I learned today from Leicester Square Lego Store Manager that this one in particular will be covered by very short run, so if you want to make a good investment I would defo recommend to stock some, I've got two today and from what I can see, the set number is hidden, it's not like the other sets and there is no seal codes on the box, which says nothing and says a lot in same time. Currently Sold Out at website so who knows... I think the Lego wanted to test the customers behaviour with this one rather than release this as a regular set along with other Batman Lego Sets.

Boxes which don't have seal code tape have the seal code indented at bottom of box. 

I've stopped holding my breath whenever I see "call to check" or OOS on any new sets as they just come back in stock the next week. Happened with the batman minifig pack (853651 THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE Accessory Set). Showed call to check / OOS shortly after release yet in stock again.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Shewie said:

Did you have to queue outside the the rain today? I went past on the way to Covent Garden and the queue was like opening day!

1 hour ago, inversion said:

Being rare won't save a terd. I think this set is stupid and clunky, would not imagine anybody missing it and paying extra as it has nothing unique or attractive in it.

I can condone, it's not highly priced set so you won't loose money on it at least.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Did you have to queue outside the the rain today? I went past on the way to Covent Garden and the queue was like opening day!

Yeah,  they pulled all the people from outside to the store immediately when weather condition went mental. I was already inside during that moment. But it was ridiculous at some point. 

besides of that there is always a line outside the store. Nothing unusual.

Ordered this on the day it was released hoping for the same pattern as the other accessory pack. Time to flip it it before it comes back in stock a week later.

I suspect i will be laughing once its in stock again rather than crying i flipped it too early because its retired

6 hours ago, MoHu said:

Ordered this on the day it was released hoping for the same pattern as the other accessory pack. Time to flip it it before it comes back in stock a week later.

I suspect i will be laughing once its in stock again rather than crying i flipped it too early because its retired

easy money when demand surpassing allowance, since it's impossible to get both on website and  most stores. Westfield for example is OOS as well.

14 minutes ago, Shewie said:

All listings on local ebay are for more than 2x RPP, people are buing it for 49.99. Easiest way to have some decent profit for more than 2x RPP during ongoing set lifetime.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Lego-Batman-Movie-Movie-Maker-Set-853650-152-Pieces-RARE-New-and-Sealed-/222420573195?hash=item33c94c9c0b:g:CakAAOSw4CFYsG9f

How big is the box?

19 minutes ago, Shewie said:

All listings on local ebay are for more than 2x RPP, people are buing it for 49.99. Easiest way to have some decent profit for more than 2x RPP during ongoing set lifetime.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Lego-Batman-Movie-Movie-Maker-Set-853650-152-Pieces-RARE-New-and-Sealed-/222420573195?hash=item33c94c9c0b:g:CakAAOSw4CFYsG9f

I honestly wonder in the sanity of some people. If I got this as a kid I would have been disappointed beyond belief. It is just lame. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, inversion said:

I honestly wonder in the sanity of some people. If I got this as a kid I would have been disappointed beyond belief. It is just lame. 

you are exaggerating, If I would want to recreate some scenes (or create completely new ones) from the movie filmed by my own or by my parents phone this is absolutely great tool to do this, you have pre printed background and stand for the phone which you can use for smooth transition between positions of the camera thanks to included gears.  With those included and many new characters that Batman Movie franchise born fruit you can recreate as many scenarios as your creativity allows you. I think this is great set and a great first step into new way of experiencing Lego.

Guest TabbyBoy

Since this is now backorderable and you can order 20, I wonder how big the latest production run will be... H U G E ?

It reminds me of the RI that was also £15.99 when that was in/out of stock. One problem I see with 853650 is that some buyers could be stuck with them once interest drops as the movie stops showing. It's a nice idea though.

• 10 months later...