See anything of value here?

Baragon

10 minutes ago, Baragon said:

No instructions and sadly no specifics about what is there beyond telling me it is mostly Lego with a few mega bloks. Seller estimates the weight of the larger bin at 50lbs. 

If it's pretty CLEAN with lots of minifigures I'd say it's worth a shot at $200.. Be aware though on the work needed to go through 50+lbs. Passion can fade quickly during the daunting task. 

17 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

If it's pretty CLEAN with lots of minifigures I'd say it's worth a shot at $200.. Be aware though on the work needed to go through 50+lbs. Passion can fade quickly during the daunting task. 

This is a very good point. I am pretty new at this and sorting a lot like this does sound like a ton of work. It is pretty tempting but maybe I should wait for a lot that is more easily identifiable.

I see a Nexo Knights shield in the top picture :) . More importantly, I see 2x 64225 in the second picture (Lime Green 4x3 Wedge No Studs) which indicates there is a Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion in there (these two wedges make up the flesh eating flower in the greenhouse, you can see them assembled with the red "tongue" inside). You might want to look for the minifigs though, especially Daphne.

ADD: You can see Fred and the motorcycle w sidecar at the bottom right side of the second picture.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

If you haven't got experience sifting through bulk / know what parts are rare and worthwhile / experienced first hand the time it takes to clean and sort bulk; it's probably best to avoid bulk lego.

Most time people expect 100% complete sets, however its very rare to fins that and in most cases most sets will be incomplete, the cost of replacement parts / minifigs / instructions etc to complete the sets will erode the profit margin to almost break even / loss so most people givr up and the bulk just sits in boxes doing nothing.

The cycle then repeats itself with the reseller selling on the bulk to another unsuspecting "customer".

• Like 1

Got about 4 or 5 bulk buys from mid last year and have sorted through 10% of it then got board, I now look at it regularly and then think of something else to do quickly.

As others have said massive task, but on the plus side you can come across some nice minifigure finds.

Edited by blocp13

Quick update:  

I just got home with the bins. They weigh over 100 pounds and are very clean. So far, there are very few Mega Bloks and I have already confirmed a few sets from themes including Star Wars, Lego Movie, City Arctic, Scooby Doo, and Super Heroes. I am looking forward to sifting through all of this over the next few months. What I can't figure out will be great for free building. Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted on what I find!

Edited by Baragon
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Baragon said:

I ended up paying $200 ($2/lb) and the lot was much bigger than I had expected. 

Great deal.  I never got around to commenting earlier but it sounds like this worked out well.  Never hurts when the size estimate is lower than reality.  I was looking at a lot that the seller claimed it was 150 lb.  After I weighed it myself at his place it was closer to 85 lbs.  Needless to say I passed on it.  By looking at the pictures and seeing figures randomly floating around, gives you a good feeling it hasn't been rifled through.  Being clean is great too.  Read through the Craigslist Finds thread and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1