packing used sets

Goodwin

I've recently become interested in buying and re-selling lego sets. One of my first purchases was 9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush which I picked up for $20 CAD. I recently saw it sell on ebay for about $60. Im just curious how people would expect it to be packed up. I was going to take it apart piece by piece and make sure it was complete. Is it suitable to put all the pieces in one large polybag, or should they be seperated into several? Maybe the minifigs in separate bags and everything else in one large bag?  9445-1: Fangpyre Truck Ambush

20170319_134924.jpg

For used sets such as this, I will take the set apart (unless specified by buyer) and then put the figures and their accessories in separate baggies and then put those together in a baggie to house all of that.  That will go inside the bag holding the pieces. 

If there are specialty parts I will also bag those separately.  These would be rare parts or string/pulley type stuff that I don't want becoming a knot. Those bags will get protected from bouncing around in the box by either craft paper like from Amazon or bubble wrap.  Last thing you want is a loose gallon Ziploc bag bursting open because it was loose in the box and pieces are everywhere.  

Box needs to be big enough for instructions (if included) to lay flat on the box and not tossed in or rolled up.  If there are stickers included I will put those inside the instruction books to make sure they don't bend as well.  You do those things and you should never get a complaint, though no guarantees as there are some particular folks out there. 

It may be to your benefit to state in your auction/BIN that you will send set taken apart/left together.  I've had a couple misunderstandings that way though no negative feedback from it.  Just something that may come up.

• Like 2