41318 - Heartlake Hospital

exciter1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I had to laugh, because there is actually very little pink in this.  It's the purple and the other pastels that are throwing you off.

And the blue skateboard encrusted in the sign on the top of the building. That must have been a nasty accident.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Not to pile on the hate, but that is one of the ugliest helicopters i have seen in a while.  With the amount of helicopters TLG puts out, you would think they would have done a better job with this one.

I thought it was a portable ventilation unit at first.

This set will do well. You have to remember the target audience here and who's buying for them. Young girls love to play doctor or nurse and this set will be sought after once gone, helicopter or not. Will I wait for at least a 30% discount before buying any? Of course, but if you expect to find these widely available for more than 50% off you will probably miss out on them, because others will arm sweep these at a lower discount. Hospital stuff sells, and sells well.

In Europe, 30% is just not enough of a safety net, even for a 1 year life, for this theme due to chronic oversupply. You really need 50% off for outstanding Friends sets (Grand Hotel, Mall) and 70% plus for the turds or you will break even at best. 41122 Tree House is a perfect example.

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

In Europe, 30% is just not enough of a safety net, even for a 1 year life, for this theme due to chronic oversupply. You really need 50% off for outstanding Friends sets (Grand Hotel, Mall) and 70% plus for the turds or you will break even at best. 41122 Tree House is a perfect example.

I aim for 50% off on Friends sets that I'm impressed with. Given some patience after retirement and the official toy-stores have run out of stock, the price creeps back up to RRP and it's a decent sale then. 

Regarding 41122 Adventure Camp Tree House... I got one at 50% off from LEGO Shop at Home in their January sale with the intention to sell it later, but once my daughter saw the box she wanted to have it for her birthday. And a happy daughter is worth more than a profit. :P 

• Like 5

We built this over the weekend. My daughter is 6 and was really excited for it. It's a pretty cool set - play features are much better than something like the Grand Hotel. There are some cool little builds, like the doctor's office, and the waiting room in the lobby. Plus that little baby, which I expect to get lost in our house in about a day or so.

• Like 4

Wow, first I'm seeing this.  Complete bulls$(# that Friends gets a hospital and City hasn't seen one in I think over a decade.  I KNEW from the accessories being made(posted this somewhere long ago) that one would come down the line but as Friends?  GTFO.  That helicopter may be the worst one ever too.

Wow, first I'm seeing this.  Complete bulls$(# that Friends gets a hospital and City hasn't seen one in I think over a decade.  I KNEW from the accessories being made(posted this somewhere long ago) that one would come down the line but as Friends?  GTFO.  That helicopter may be the worst one ever too.

I almost feel like Friends is a test bed for other themes, before they launch elsewhere. So maybe we'll get a hospital in City next year?

We had Jungle in Friends, first. We had a whole line of fairground sets last year, while the "regular" fairground theme took the year off.

I almost feel like Friends is a test bed for other themes, before they launch elsewhere. So maybe we'll get a hospital in City next year?

We had Jungle in Friends, first. We had a whole line of fairground sets last year, while the "regular" fairground theme took the year off.

Yeah. The Jungle Rescue chopper was similar, but much better than this one. Reminded me of Hawaii 5-0