Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, gregpj said:

Hang on, you're charging your friends and family extra (your post implies you shifted at a significant personal gain)? That's pretty low.

Not really, their’s kids and schools get a lot of freebies from me. My local school had a free rocket. I’ve even got my bucket if polybags ready for 31OCT. Please don’t judge without facts ;-)

13 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Not really, their’s kids and schools get a lot of freebies from me. My local school had a free rocket. I’ve even got my bucket if polybags ready for 31OCT. Please don’t judge without facts ;-)

If you say so ... I guess I just can't keep the false facts straight. You're only buying 3 .. two to cover costs of the one you save. Now you've bought 10, but have three left. You charge your mates and family extra to cover the free one the school got and the polybags you give out on Oct 31. You don't invest anymore but you've pallets and pallets of LEGO of sets that were released after you told us years ago you were no longer investing.

We just want the truth but I fear we can't handle the truth!

1xs4sz.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, gregpj said:

If you say so ... I guess I just can't keep the false facts straight. You're only buying 3 .. two to cover costs of the one you save. Now you've bought 10, but have three left. You charge your mates and family extra to cover the free one the school got and the polybags you give out on Oct 31. You don't invest anymore but you've pallets and pallets of LEGO of sets that were released after you told us years ago you were no longer investing.

We just want the truth but I fear we can't handle the truth!

1xs4sz.jpg

Years ago? It was less than a year ago if I remember correctly. At this time last year I was still buying big (eg. Tesco 3-for-2) which is why my inventory is still quite large. I sense a bit of jealousy which isn’t good for you. It’s frankly my business if I want to get back into the game or not. I have a feeling I will, but I’ve not decided 100% yet. I’m giving it a lot of thought now and offloading a lot of mediocre sets at cost to make room. There’s not many good sets around this year worth taking a punt on. Star Wars is just a joke, and it’s game over on that theme - 75192 being the exception.

Since we’re all competitors on here, I’d be foolish if I shared the whole truth.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Shewie said:

sometimes silence is better than spreading this whole BS about your 21309 purchases on the forum.

Butt out! know-it-all!

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUKraCqqpFBSqRjtB2v9K

Those 2 started it!

Just relax guys, don’t let the competition get to you.

End of... not replying to them anymore!

5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

What we have here is failure to communicate, some sets you just can't find, so you get what we've had here today. Which is the way Lego wants it, well they gets it. I don't like it any more than you......

Rocket Queen lyrics also work.

3 hours ago, 33Lego said:

poor red 5

Shelf space got very tight in my office 'redo' :(  I have no more shelf space that can hold any large set beyond on top of shelves.  The smaller X-Wing still hangs from the ceiling on the other side of the room, but no longer circles the Death Star.

That's why the floating shelf just sized for the Saturn V works well in my space.

2 hours ago, tjj1984 said:

I'm a little out of the loop, but judging from the number of pages on this thread, I should have purchased the set I saw at B&N two weeks ago. I kinda figured the shortage would be temporary.

It is. TLG will be producing more sets until it is more widely available, both through LEGO Shop at Home / Lego stores and through certain 3rd party retail.

Guest TabbyBoy
12 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Thing is, in the UK at least, this set is in stock in Lego stores. My friend was able to buy one during double VIP, so he got double points and the VIP set with it. 

The "good" thing about the UK is that most of the population live nowhere near a LEGO store or have to face the horrors of London to get to one ;-) I can only imagine the box getting crushed on the Tube after picking it up from Leicester Square. Seriously, I think this set is the biggest no-brainer ever, even at RRP ;-)

It's jus like supermarkets where the best LEGO deals are always instore at a branch NOT near you!

I don't see local availablity being a major problem, online is.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Just like Joker Lowriders recently in Tesco for £23. Thought that would combine nicely with a £6 voucher I received, but my Tesco Extra does not even have that set at all.

Asda in Farnborough had 4 Joker Lowriders on the shelf for £12, I left them alone! The problem with supermarkets is that the deals are branch specific and they don't price match.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Look at the number of sellers on Amazon!  No thanks, how many sets, with that number of sellers blasts off?  Ill answer, not many.  The shortage has to be mainly reseller induced, only reasonable conclusion.  Herd mentality.

If LEGO produced 250,000 of these, 2,500 QFLLs have 50 each and 10,000,000 people want one, I don't see a problem. Patience is required and I doubt that anybody will lose unless their cerebrum is missing. It's obvious that this set ain't a turkey.

35 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Look at the number of sellers on Amazon!  No thanks, how many sets, with that number of sellers blasts off?  Ill answer, not many.  The shortage has to be mainly reseller induced, only reasonable conclusion.  Herd mentality.

100 is small potatoes compared to the number of sellers of the SNES Classic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exciter1 said:

100 is small potatoes compared to the number of sellers of the SNES Classic.

Ahh, but this is lego, not the SNES classic.  Which is a perfect example of reseller demand vs. the actual market.  It will never compare to the NES classic, for various reasons discussed elsewhere.  In the USA I can't think of one set that did very well after EOL, when the # of sellers was that high during production.  Who cares about what we "think" the set will do, have to look at the available data.  For sake of argument I don't care about the UK or EU.  There are no discounts on this set in the USA right now, so low buy in blah blah blah is irrelevant.  If the actual price paid could be 30-40% below RRP, that is a different argument.  I have zero of this set.  I think it is very cool, great job by Lego, could have been a sure thing 4 years ago.  Now, when I look at the data I have a different opinion.  Bursts some bubbles i guess, but all is speculation, so I am speculating the other side of the trade. 

2 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Ahh, but this is lego, not the SNES classic.  Which is a perfect example of reseller demand vs. the actual market.  It will never compare to the NES classic, for various reasons discussed elsewhere.  In the USA I can't think of one set that did very well after EOL, when the # of sellers was that high during production.  Who cares about what we "think" the set will do, have to look at the available data.  For sake of argument I don't care about the UK or EU.  There are no discounts on this set in the USA right now, so low buy in blah blah blah is irrelevant.  If the actual price paid could be 30-40% below RRP, that is a different argument.  I have zero of this set.  I think it is very cool, great job by Lego, could have been a sure thing 4 years ago.  Now, when I look at the data I have a different opinion.  Bursts some bubbles i guess, but all is speculation, so I am speculating the other side of the trade. 

Santa's Workshop is doing pretty well.  There's some dater.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V