Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Still available at EU shop! @TabbyBoy you need to get cracking on making more SAH accounts!

Limit 1, I’m too lazy to create 99 new accounts and they’ll find out and ban me again anyway. Shame it’s not a higher limit as there’s superb deal on right now.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Anyone want a nutcracker with their rocket? ;-)

Even the rocket alone would do me, but I've already exceeded the limit with all accounts so I have to keep ordering back-to-back from John Lewis. This set will be gold and I'm going all in, it's as simple as that.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Are you talking short term (if it sells out everywhere before Christmas) or long term?

Long term as there's not enough profit in it for short term and also a risk of returns. This is a set I'm selling after EOL, not before.

I am currently building my Saturn V. Taking my time and not rushing it to enjoy the build longer. Finished Stage 2 yesterday and I'm getting more and more impressed with this truly magnificent set! The execution is brilliant and I'm quite often scratching my head in amazement thinking how creative the designers were while combining Lego elements to create the exact spacing needed. 

This is a truly classic Lego set and it will still be remembered fondly 10-20-30 years from now!

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Haay said:

I am currently building my Saturn V. Taking my time and not rushing it to enjoy the build longer. Finished Stage 2 yesterday and I'm getting more and more impressed with this truly magnificent set! The execution is brilliant and I'm quite often scratching my head in amazement thinking how creative the designers were while combining Lego elements to create the exact spacing needed. 

This is a truly classic Lego set and it will still be remembered fondly 10-20-30 years from now!

I can't agree more, it's the best build I've ever done so far and I'll now stick my neck out and say, "This is the best LEGO set ever - period!"

The Mars Rover soon reached 5x RRP and I won't be surprised if this beauty reaches 3x RRP (5x is pushing it). Even the butt-fugly Delorean cleaned up after EOL and was way, way, way more available.

I now have "n" amount and want a hell of a lot more!

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

In Germany there were 2 other retailers selling the rocket exclusively. TRU & Galeria.

On both sites the complete entry of the set has disappeared since yesterday.

Maybe some kind of deal so TLG is selling them exclusively before Christmas? 

Yes, I saw them in Galeria Kaufhof in Koblenz. I'm hoping that they stay exclusive in the UK to LEGO and John Lewis only. Those hanging on for discounts may be disappointed, why discount the best LEGO set ever released? I've been trying to order more from John Lewis this afternoon, but their website is struggling today.

Edited by TabbyBoy

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I can't agree more, it's the best build I've ever done so far and I'll now stick my neck out and say, "This is the best LEGO set ever - period!"

The Mars Rover soon reached 5x RRP and I won't be surprised if this beauty reaches 3x RRP (5x is pushing it). Even the butt-fugly Delorean cleaned up after EOL and was way, way, way more available.

I now have "n" amount and want a hell of a lot more!

I agree it's incredible, but initially the run was supposed to be limited, and it's come back in stock 3 or 4 times now, and after double VIP I thought it was done for the year.  With this type of demand they're probably already revving up the factories.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V