Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, JRandall said:

I agree it's incredible, but initially the run was supposed to be limited, and it's come back in stock 3 or 4 times now, and after double VIP I thought it was done for the year.  With this type of demand they're probably already revving up the factories.

They've had plenty of time to turbocharge production of 21309, but they also have to focus on the new 2018 rehashes sets. To be honest, I've never seen such demand for a set in the 6 years that I've been out of my dark age. When I'm ready to sell, I'll be bundling each one with a 21312 ;-) I bet the 21309 designer is laughing all the way down the drive to his Lambourghini!

Guest TabbyBoy
58 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

And how do you explain the fact, that it can be backordered since several days at S&H ???

Only LEGO can explain what they are doing. Could it be the last production run and EOL early in the New Year?

Guest TabbyBoy

If 500,000 of these sets have been produced and 10,000,000 Worldwide want one, do the math ;-) I heard that the VW T1 was the first set to reach 1 Million copies, can anybody confirm?

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If 500,000 of these sets have been produced and 10,000,000 Worldwide want one, do the math ;-) I heard that the VW T1 was the first set to reach 1 Million copies, can anybody confirm?

Surely that should concern you. A very popular set, which is just not being retired as a result. If the Saturn V is as popular, wouldn't it also have a 10 year shelf life? If the Saturn V doesn't retire for 5 years even, you'd be better off investing in Nexo sets.

5 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I assume, even within the initial production run the AT will be alive until 2020...

S5 is still around because limit is 1 and they are not selling as fast as before on the secondary market. It´s a classic balancing of supply and demand. Prices on ebay are now down to barely above RRP so it seems there won´t be a Xmas boost for this set or indeed for Women of Nasa.

Guest TabbyBoy
51 minutes ago, Val-E said:

S5 is still around because limit is 1 and they are not selling as fast as before on the secondary market. It´s a classic balancing of supply and demand. Prices on ebay are now down to barely above RRP so it seems there won´t be a Xmas boost for this set or indeed for Women of Nasa.

It's to be expected as I'm looking forward to Xmas 2020.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, mtchrs said:

John Lewis Oxford Street has a few on the shelf, shame there is no BF deals on this.

Hope you got out of there OK after what's just happened.

Guest TabbyBoy

The party may well be at an end for now, but the window for buyers wanting to return these sets to resellers certainly isn't!

I'm waiting for the real party, I'm in no rush.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V