Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

28 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

How much were they? Why so many? What are you going to do with them?

I got them for about $101 w/ tax included.  "Why so many?"  What are we doing here??  Is this some Sunday paper chase or are we trying to go to the throat & corner the market?? What I'm going to do with them is sell them so I can buy 1,000 The Louvre before it retires.  Easiest was to flip $41k into $100k.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

I got them for about $101 w/ tax included.  "Why so many?"  What are we doing here??  Is this some Sunday paper chase or are we trying to go to the throat & corner the market?? What I'm going to do with them is sell them so I can buy 1,000 The Louvre before it retires.  Easiest was to flip $41k into $100k.

I like those types of numbers. 

Got mine from Amazon. Will still check out TRU - none of my nearest stores have any for online pickup, but might find one in store.

Hopefully LEGO has a hard limit on how many they produce, and these run out within the next few months. But deep down inside I know that these will be available for a while, and likely discounted ..... ah well.

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Got mine from Amazon. Will still check out TRU - none of my nearest stores have any for online pickup, but might find one in store.

Hopefully LEGO has a hard limit on how many they produce, and these run out within the next few months. But deep down inside I know that these will be available for a while, and likely discounted ..... ah well.

If TRU stores only get 1 shipping box of 2, then it's below the threshold of 3 to show up in online pickup.

Also, I think the days of Ideas sets being limited edition disappeared back with Research Institute.  The limit is now how many they can sell.

Edited by hockeyweasel

This morning I almost ordered one from Amazon. I get paid tomorrow. I have the Prime Rewards Visa Card so 5% back is nice.  But @Phil B is right, this likely will be available for awhile and will be discounted eventually.  So for today, I will stay my hand.  Plus, gotta pay off those credit cards.

• Like 2

Az sold out before 7am on a rank 58 toy.  That sells roughly 6600/mo so safe to say they had about 500.  If all major outlets(say 6 of them for the sake of argument) minus lego got 500, and Lego doesnt have a backorder date anymore, Regardless of LTH potential it would seem in the short term these will be hard to grab.  I am a big fan of anything that's sold out on az before 7am with no backorder before 7am EST on launch day. 

So I had issues last night trying to order one and when it seemed like all went through, I let it be thinking it will update on the lego website once all the glitches worked out.  Well, on Paypal it showed that it was pending going through and that it registered but I called Lego and they showed nothing.

And because of that, I now have to wait a month before I can even get mine because I couldn't call customer service until this morning.  I'm seriously baffled that Legos IT can't figure out how to make a website function properly on stuff like this....

Luckily though, the Lego manager kindly offered a full refund of all my VIP points and I still get the set at the discounted rate of what my VIP points were.  So there is that little consolation.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V