Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Oh my, this is worse than the wait for a new Star Wars film. 3 teaser photos for a 1200 piece set!

Remember this one last year? 

Image result for lego caterham teaser photo

They also did a weekly teaser shot for the Caterham Seven set for three weeks. 

So we can expect the official unveiling of the Apollo 11 Saturn V set next week. :) 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2017 at 1:49 AM, Lordoflego said:

This 1200pcs ideas set will be about how much?

The rumour is that's the Italian LEGO Shop at Home price will be €119,99. Then the German price might turn out to be €109,99 and that's usually the same price as the dollar price.

Take that with some grains of salt though. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

The official reveal of this set should be coming today, with the teasers having been on 31st of March, 7th of April and 14th of April. Today is 21st of April...

Keeping an eye on the LEGO Ideas Twitter account!!!

yep, there's been a teaser every friday so far...here's waiting!

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, Migration said:

I think I'm looking forward to this set more than any set since Mars Rover, to quote Willy Wonka, the suspense is killing me, I hope it'll last...

Same here, but it won't be as exclusive as MR was. This beauty will be sold everywhere which will kill its investment chances I think. Just wait to get it at >50% off like everything else these days. The days of exclusive LEGO are over.

11 hours ago, Migration said:

I think I'm looking forward to this set more than any set since Mars Rover, to quote Willy Wonka, the suspense is killing me, I hope it'll last...

Same here. I've been hyped for this set ever since the results video approved it for official production! Dying to see official set images and to get it at release.

Guest TabbyBoy

Does anybody know how exclusive this set will be? We all know that this is criticsl to its investment potential. I'll be ordering mine on day one regardless.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Does anybody know how exclusive this set will be? We all know that this is criticsl to its investment potential. I'll be ordering mine on day one regardless.

Based on Yellow Submarine and Adventure Time, it will be exclusive to any shop that sells anything.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Not at all being sarcastic here; I think we all know that LEGO has really gone away from the exclusive concept with exception of the occasional star wars or super hero set.

On 22/04/2017 at 3:13 PM, Val-E said:

Based on Yellow Submarine and Adventure Time, it will be exclusive to any shop that sells anything.

Which in The Netherlands means you either buy it directly from LEGO Shop at Home (preferably when there's a good promo running), or accept additional P&P when buying from foreign web-stores like Amazon Italy:

21306.png.a576622e6b685e851d3441826d29fa47.png

21308.png.74fe6755a938b8b081b60074bc6eae3e.png

I'm not sure why these Ideas sets are not sold in regular brick & mortar toy stores here. Either the stores consider these sets as too niche and don't want to spend shelf space on them, or TLG simply doesn't put Ideas sets on the wholesale order list for Dutch toy stores / 3rd party Lego selling stores...

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V