Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

17 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

There's still a few available to order but you'll need to call them to check stock. I imagine the one's they have won't be there for long.

Too bad they won't be available when the 60th Anniversary promo set becomes available. I'd planned to buy a Saturn V to get that promo... :P 

But something tells me I wasn't the only one with that plan. :D 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Haay said:

Too bad they won't be available when the 60th Anniversary promo set becomes available. I'd planned to buy a Saturn V to get that promo... :P 

But something tells me I wasn't the only one with that plan. :D 

I expect that had some impact on the decision to prioritise the Falcon too. I'm planning a trip to the London store, if they've got Saturn's there then I will get one, if not then it'll be Fishing store for me I expect. 

1 hour ago, richiej1979 said:

Called customer services about this set and she also confirmed that this set has 20 pieces shared with the Falcon and there's been a lot of complaints about the availability of the Falcon and demand for that is high along with profit levels on the Falcon with it being Star Wars.

She also suggested that the Falcon would get priority because it's Star Wars and  because the Falcon is such a big flagship set for them.

Just speculating but maybe that means the UCS Falcon could be going into main stream production?

This is crazy. How can have TLG problems with some pieces and moulds in 21.century for several months??? I have read many articles about chinese factories, that they are able to change the production line and reset machines for new production within 3 days! But TLG has production problems for several MONTHS ! I cannot understand this. Even if they have most sofisticated machines, it cannot be a problem to strengthen potencial of one machine within normal period of time. Its unbelievable, that we see T1 and TB in continual production for 7th or 8th year + all these brickheadz crap, but on the other hand we see extreme problems with cover high demand for Saturn and Falcon!

1 minute ago, fantomas007 said:

This is crazy. How can have TLG problems with some pieces and moulds in 21.century for several months??? I have read many articles about chinese factories, that they are able to change the production line and reset machines for new production within 3 days! But TLG has production problems for several MONTHS ! I cannot understand this. Even if they have most sofisticated machines, it cannot be a problem to strengthen potencial of one machine within normal period of time. Its unbelievable, that we see T1 and TB in continual production for 7th or 8th year + all these brickheadz crap, but on the other hand we see extreme problems with cover high demand for Saturn and Falcon!

LOL. How can have TLG problems with the web side in 21.century for several  years???

• Haha 1

I would not be afraid of the Saturn retiring. Availability might be short for a while, but whenever any of you have thoughts about retirement, just remind yourself about the T1. That is licensed from an actual business, and still ongoing due to the stable demand. With all the educational focus, NASA is very unlikely to refuse prolonging the license.

Additionally, LEGO is kind of starved for revenues with the recent drop in sales. This can be seen from the much more frequent discounts too. In this environment, all the management wants is more sets like the Saturn, i.e. stable revenue generators.

Guys, Saturn will be with us at least for five years, but more likely 8-10.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, richiej1979 said:

My John Lewis click and collect has arrived. I bought it for personal use but will wait to see how this saga unfolds first.

If it does retire, you'll have to be very quick to buy from John Lewis. The Town Hall went within the hour and never returned. I know I have a lot of 21309, but I doubt that I'll can lose. The worse that can happen is to break even in 5 years time and spend 5min packing each box. A minimal-loss gamble well worth taking IMHO and "you snooze you lose" applies to this set.

Guest TabbyBoy

Bring it on!

5a5cabd35f188_ScreenShot2018-01-15at13_24_56.png.92c26aa6bcc4a697483c15b5cf409bb5.png

Of course, we all know that it's yet another SaH "glitch" and it'll be available within the hour with limit = 20 ;-)

HUKD to wipe out John Lewis?

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

LOL - it doesn't stop me continuing to stock up on these beauties. My John Lewis order is 4x "2+2+1" which tells me they are mostly in factory boxes, unlike the bin liners that LEGO sent me last time! I couldn't collect today as there was an accident on the road laeading to their pick-up point. I'll go again on Friday, no rush really.

I don't think LEGO are doing this on purpose, it's just that the inept new CEO is employing knob-heads to administer their dreadful webshite.

When a set is now tagged "Retired Product" I think it's wise to wait at least 6 months before listing it for sale. Resurrections are rife no so we need to be more careful.

No wonder the "Retired" thread has gone quiet.

C'mon... who thinks that 75105 will retire this year? ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Meanwhile the UCS Falcon comes back in stock....

It was probably never out of stock, just a piss-poor SaH website? I wouldn't be surprised if they are still the same seal codes.

10 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It was probably never out of stock, just a piss-poor SaH website? I wouldn't be surprised if they are still the same seal codes.

IIRC that happened once with IDEAS Ecto 1 - there was some glitch meaning you couldn´t actually order it for a couple of weeks even though it was on site.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V