21137 - The Mountain Cave

Looks like this is set for retired in the EU - and likely in the US. Looked like a short life. 

Something personally just draws me to the set, not sure if it's the nerd/Minecraft in me. 

Looks like Target is the only place it is popping in/out of. How deep are others going to get this at RRP?

43 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Looks like this is set for retired in the EU - and likely in the US. Looked like a short life. 

Something personally just draws me to the set, not sure if it's the nerd/Minecraft in me. 

Looks like Target is the only place it is popping in/out of. How deep are others going to get this at RRP?

this set was a correct guess in ravenb99's retirement riddle and is on the list to be retired in 2018.

looking at the village performance, this set should make it to $500 fba amazon - low $400s on ebay  within reasonable time frame so if that seems worth it to you at rrp buyin, go for it.   toycentric is selling them for $389  on amazon  so that's your theoretical maximal cap on the ebay price for now - lol.  if you can wait it out til seller count gets very low, this could be a $700 set in 3-4 years.  upside:  little chance of a remake.  downside:  unlikely waning of minecraft interest.  still going strong but anything could happen. 

it was on sale for $199 multiple times.  i bought several at that price point.  personally not enthusiastic at msrp given clearance abundance in my neighborhood  but still will do better than any other large retiring set so msrp could work out maybe.  then there comes the risk of selling a large set and getting scammed...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1