BP'er Assistance Needed

I apparently won the buy box overnight on 40121 Easter, and Amazon sold more than I had.  Maybe the velocity was too fast for the inventory tracker to keep up.

Does anyone have 2 copies that they would be willing to drop ship for me tomorrow for $30/ea.?   Please PM me if you can help.

Thx.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is kind of an interesting idea brewing here...   Aside from airing a thread like this, do you find that certain BL sellers "partner" with other trusted sellers to fulfill in a situation like this?   I'd assume this is a common business practice, but in my limited experience here it seems like many Lego resellers tend to be protective / secretive about their inventory choices.

6 minutes ago, Victorymike18 said:

This is kind of an interesting idea brewing here...   Aside from airing a thread like this, do you find that certain BL sellers "partner" with other trusted sellers to fulfill in a situation like this?   I'd assume this is a common business practice, but in my limited experience here it seems like many Lego resellers tend to be protective / secretive about their inventory choices.

I don't know if I'm a "trusted seller" or not, but if an established member like DadsAFOL needed something in a pinch and I had the inventory, I'd be more than happy to help out. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Victorymike18 said:

Generally, no.  When we are ordering something drop shipped for a customer, its usually because its a rare piece that has gone missing from our inventory, so we look for a seller that has that rare piece, has good feedback, and will ship it to our customer.

We do know a couple of the other sellers local to us, so if we need something we have a first-choice go-to store because we know we will get it in 1 day.  But no "partner"

10 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I don't know if I'm a "trusted seller" or not, but if an established member like DadsAFOL needed something in a pinch and I had the inventory, I'd be more than happy to help out. 

This right here.  The longer you are on the board, the better you get to know some of the regulars.  Those that contribute, show honesty, and are, in generally, just all around good dudes, will certainly find willing helpers when the time comes.  That's also because they're willing to step up and help out when the time comes, too.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Victorymike18 said:

I'd assume this is a common business practice, but in my limited experience here it seems like many Lego resellers tend to be protective / secretive about their inventory choices.

To react to your second part, I think that in general sellers on here are pretty secretive about anything they are holding medium/long term as a legitimate investment, because they want to reduce the number of other sellers holding significant inventory. I've made a couple of exceptions to the rule (like 41125, my personal favorite), but in general I follow that pattern as well. That's pretty simple supply/demand. For QFFL-type situations, it seems folks are fairly open, if for no other reason than because the deals are fairly self-evident or aren't easily scalable (like a WM clearance). 

• Like 1

I’ve had several people contact me on BrickLink asking if it is alright if I dropship for them. I assume they recognize my name from here, as I’m typically not the cheapest (though I’m fairly cheap).
I appreciate it when someone asks first.
I’ve had several requests, but not repeat requests. So, definitely no partnership. And that’s something hard to organize anyways. Are you going to tell someone not to buy a set, because you’re going heavy in it and you want to be the partner that sells it?
But it’s nice when the opportunity presents its self (or when an error is made) that you can find someone who can “do you a solid.”

• Like 1