I got a call from the State Police about a Lego Scam in Chicopee,Ma

emazers

I got a call Tuesday morning about a State Trooper in Chicopee,Ma asking me if a sold some Lego sets to a guy in that city, I said I guess, then he told me he has 2 sets with my name, and phone number. It was a SSDS $849 & Death Star $600 after checking my Fedex slips the 2 sets were bought in August 2016. So After Checking my paypal it did show they were bought by Stolen Credit cards, and paypal froze the $1400 but after a week or so I got my money back, as it was Confirmed address and Seller Protection. Now the trooper said the guy that owns the house said he saw a ad in cragslist saying he will pay $20 for each package that got delivered to his house. Then the guy stop showing up as time went by but the boxes kept showing up so he said he had about 300 Lego sets thats when he decided to call the police. The cop said there are 10179's, Grand Carousel's, and 10 SSDS, and other big sets. I am not going to post the guys name and address, but if you see "Chicopee,Ma"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steelmelt said:

That's going to be a police auction worth going to.

my thoughts exactly.  i live 40 miles away.  my second best walmart honey hole is in chicopee.  good to know the scammers are local.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Why does the scammer keep sending him free Lego worth thousands of dollars though?

I suppose that they could be planning on picking up the delivered mail (from your doorstep). A few years back (for a few months) I kept getting lots of items sent to my house (scam related was the only reasonable explanation). I tried to contact the company/sellers, but they really didn't seem to care much, or show an effort to get the items back.