75191 - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive

CM4Sci

Dang..

I personally think this is the most interesting set of the Summer waves and once the BOGO40% off comes into play, i'll probably buy a few, because these sets always do well in the aftermarket..  I always tend to dig the TRU summer exclusive sets that tend to have a prequel bias, and I think this one follows the mold fairly well.  If you follow the history of those sets (Palpatines Arrest, MTT, Battle Droid Carrier, Sith Infiltrator, Homing Spider Droid, and now this) they always tend to provide an interesting set that isn't perhaps mass marketable, but is usually the best version of that vehicle (ok, MTT is debatable).   This set contains a decent rendition of the vehicle, and a good selection of minifigures (following the mold of previous TRU exclusives ).

Overall, I like it.  I'm waiting until the 40% BOGO to buy it, but i'll definitely buy this one.  This set is more interesting to my boy and I than the Rathtar Escape, Quadjumper, and most of the other summer wave sets.  It looks like the best technical build of the bunch, as well.

• Like 7

Ok, im going full on Star Wars nerd here, but actually, it's not a remake.  This set hasn't been done like this.  They made a UCS version of the Delta 7 Aethersprite class light interceptor without the hyperdrive ring, but they never made that starfighter with the hyperdrive ring.  The only other version with a hyperdrive ring was this set below, which isn't from the Episode 2 Attack of the Clones sequence where Obi had to dodge Jango Fett's Slave 1 in a meteor field.  In fact, it's using a different ship, the Eta-2 Actis class light interceptor and I don't remember a hyperdrive ring appearing in the Battle of Coruscant sequence in Revenge of the Sith, so the set below has no real merit in it's authenticity as a "Movie based lego set" :

7661-1.jpg?200709280639

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

My knock on it is the inclusion of the figures. Just weird that Jango and Boba have no vehicle or anything. Are they just floating through space while Obi-Wan tools around in his ship?

I think the idea is for people to buy UCS Slave I to complete the scene.

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Ok, im going full on Star Wars nerd here, but actually, it's not a remake.  This set hasn't been done like this.  They made a UCS version of the Delta 7 Aethersprite class light interceptor without the hyperdrive ring, but they never made that starfighter with the hyperdrive ring.  The only other version with a hyperdrive ring was this set below, which isn't from the Episode 2 Attack of the Clones sequence where Obi had to dodge Jango Fett's Slave 1 in a meteor field.  In fact, it's using a different ship, the Eta-2 Actis class light interceptor and I don't remember a hyperdrive ring appearing in the Battle of Coruscant sequence in Revenge of the Sith, so the set below has no real merit in it's authenticity as a "Movie based lego set" :

You went Star Wars nerd,but you didn't go full Star Wars Nerd or you would know that this version of the Eta Interceptor wasn't from the battle of Coruscant. <Pushes pretend glasses up nose and sniffs.> Obi-Wan uses this Jedi Interceptor to go to Utapau and clearly docks with the hyperdrive ring at about 52:07 and then is seen coming out of hyperdrive at about 53:48.

21 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I think the idea is for people to buy UCS Slave I to complete the scene.

the scale is off for those 2 ships. plus, why not have another ship to buy that has more scene accurate colors. (or colours if you will.)

This set is totally covfefe

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

The scale is off for those 2 ships. plus, why not have another ship to buy that has more scene accurate colors. (or colours if you will.)

I was just trying to make this a good news for people with stacks of UCS Slave I in their basements

:drag:

4 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

You went Star Wars nerd,but you didn't go full Star Wars Nerd or you would know that this version of the Eta Interceptor wasn't from the battle of Coruscant. <Pushes pretend glasses up nose and sniffs.> Obi-Wan uses this Jedi Interceptor to go to Utapau and clearly docks with the hyperdrive ring at about 52:07 and then is seen coming out of hyperdrive at about 53:48.

the scale is off for those 2 ships. plus, why not have another ship to buy that has more scene accurate colors. (or colours if you will.

You just forced me to go back and watch those sequences in Revenge of the Sith, and you are right!  Take back my comment about the Eta Interceptor with a hyperdrive not being in the movie.... You have proven once again, that you are the truest Star Wars nerd on this site.

31 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

You just forced me to go back and watch those sequences in Revenge of the Sith, and you are right!  Take back my comment about the Eta Interceptor with a hyperdrive not being in the movie.... You have proven once again, that you are the truest Star Wars nerd on this site.

Not that a combined 10 seconds of screen time make for a very memorable vehicle. But it at least has more of an impact than say a quadjumper. Plus, I just really like the Eta Interceptor a lot more than the Delta.

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Not that a combined 10 seconds of screen time make for a very memorable vehicle. But it at least has more of an impact than say a quadjumper.

If it wasn't for those vehicles and characters that only appear for 5 frames in the movie, Lego would probably be out of the Star Wars business.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Damn, this set has absolutely exploded in value due to the Jango minifig. Only started watching the Mandalorian recently, Kind of regret selling my set a year ago. Guess will have to settle to buy the other Jango minifig from 75015: Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

On 6/2/2022 at 4:16 AM, Voltron said:

Damn, this set has absolutely exploded in value due to the Jango minifig. Only started watching the Mandalorian recently, Kind of regret selling my set a year ago. Guess will have to settle to buy the other Jango minifig from 75015: Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

its been on my want list for a few years...finally got one about 6 months ago NISB *kinda risky w/ the new release forthcoming...but once I saw the list price I knew it was safe)...then my boy after seeing the box wants to build it...told him I'll find a used one for that...well even used ones are going for $100 more than I purchased the NISB...so...I guess he gonna have to wait (I did pick up a used blue one) so maybe that will satiate him.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan