10257 - Carousel

siddji

5 minutes ago, lego rules said:

My complaint should be taken with a grain of salt.  With the current exchange rate it should be just over $270.

So, in fact we are financing your low prices! I´m sure the Australians will not take long to chip in about how they are being ripped off too.

Guest TabbyBoy

I think this set is stunning even though I was hoping for something bigger. Let's hope that the new UCS MF will NOT be smaller even though most 10179 owners hope it will be.

2 hours ago, pstebbing said:

Fine by me. Won't be a 2017 purchase for me anyway. Still waiting on the Ferris wheel to drop in price.

It was 20% off for a while last year.  I picked up 28.  This set is great, I'll buy with points to build, investment for sure but at least 20% off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, waddamon said:

It was 20% off for a while last year.  I picked up 28.  This set is great, I'll buy with points to build, investment for sure but at least 20% off.

You spent roughly $4480 on Ferris Wheels? Ok now that is the one thing I don't get about this site haha :P 

5 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

You spent roughly $4480 on Ferris Wheels? Ok now that is the one thing I don't get about this site haha :P 

Me neither, especially when the price wasn´t a bargain and so soon after release. What if it is another Tower Bridge?

Each to their own, fair enough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Val-E said:

BTW it is up on SAH and Spain has pole position, pricewise at 206 euros vs 180 in Germany. TLG are certainly making it easy for me not to buy any more large exclusives.

Wow, looks like Spain has taken the crown from Netherlands/Belgium regarding highest Euro prices of D2C sets at LEGO Shop at Home ! But at least you have other means to get prices down, like using coupons and such. Something we don't have here in The Netherlands :(  Oh well, there's always the option to take the car and drive to Germany. When the price-difference is so big that the fuel costs for that trip are already negated... :P 

Maybe you are right. One thing about such high RRP´s is that no one buys the sets so the discounts end up being deeper in stores if you are patient.

Over the past year or so, these have been some of the baseline offers I´ve seen before doing any magic:

SOH: 185 RRP 300

FM: 100 RRP 140

The Village: 120 RRP 220

Tie UCS: 105 RRP 200

KWEM: 115 RRP 200

SHIELD: 200 RRP 350

Pretty similar to Galeria in Germany but from a higher starting point.

45 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Maybe you are right. One thing about such high RRP´s is that no one buys the sets so the discounts end up being deeper in stores if you are patient.

Over the past year or so, these have been some of the baseline offers I´ve seen before doing any magic:

SOH: 185 RRP 300

FM: 100 RRP 140

The Village: 120 RRP 220

Tie UCS: 105 RRP 200

KWEM: 115 RRP 200

SHIELD: 200 RRP 350

Pretty similar to Galeria in Germany but from a higher starting point.

We pretty much never get discounts like those on exclusives in the U.S., with the exception of the UCS TIE fighter fiasco....

8 hours ago, waddamon said:

Totally agree.  Between the popularity of FWs and this being Lego's first D2C FW set. Then the fact some folks will want it because of the carousel. 

It will be a winner if it follows the 2-3 year retail lifespan.