10257 - Carousel

siddji

6 minutes ago, The Leveller said:

Happy that this is in the scale of the Mixer, I have few of them lying around.

I wonder if this also has the same sound brick as the Grand Caroussel.

I dont expect a sound brick. It will be probable without power functions, just like an additional option like in Ferris Wheel.

It is in the scale of Mixer, but carousel, as well as the Ferris Wheel, are exclusive sets uncomparable with Fairground mixer, which is just a city set; the carousel and the wheel are big, stable parts of big amusement park, while the Mixer is just mobile, simply machine. You can pair these sets together, but it would look like joining a creator set to modular street.

I expect a big roller coaster in 2 years to pair with carousel and wheel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyman said:

the piece count is more akin to the ferris wheel - in the range of 2600 or so.  The pic is not great, but if you count the studs of the base, the diameter of the carousel is about 40 studs; so its pretty big

Yep. The picture let seem smaller than it is. Just counted the studs and "designed" it with a view pieces of paper ;) It's way bigger than I first thought. Diameter about 40 studs sounds correct.

23 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I dont expect a sound brick. It will be probable without power functions, just like an additional option like in Ferris Wheel.

It is in the scale of Mixer, but carousel, as well as the Ferris Wheel, are exclusive sets uncomparable with Fairground mixer, which is just a city set; the carousel and the wheel are big, stable parts of big amusement park, while the Mixer is just mobile, simply machine. You can pair these sets together, but it would look like joining a creator set to modular street.

The Fairground Mixer is an exclusive Creator set. It is not "just a city set"

2 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Before val-e and tabbyboy give their views, it's refreshing that there is a trhead where there is some optimism as opposed to the usual doom and gloom.   :-)

I have nothing bad to say about it and am interested to know the RRP.

Now, let´s address your opinion that 10244 Fairground Mixer is not überhoarded in the bubble thread!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

The Fairground Mixer is an exclusive Creator set. It is not "just a city set"

But looks like the city set - many small buildings, items, figs, city cars (in creator exclusive!!) nothing big dominant... lot of rubbish for big money.

Edited by fantomas007

9 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

But looks like the city set - many small buildings, items, figs, nothing big dominant... lot of rubbish for big money.

Exactly and has the same issues as WVM, AoH and the City Square sets in terms of AFOL desirability. People seem to want one complete build, not several mini builds.

Still, it´s part of a series now and Ferris Wheel, Carousel and future bumper cars and rollercoaster should help carry it.

Edited by Val-E

8 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

But looks like the city set - many small buildings, items, figs, city cars (in creator exclusive!!) nothing big dominant... lot of rubbish for big money.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I think it's a brilliant set, that really captures the essence of the original portable fair ride.

13 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

That's more val-e. Tabby is more 'will I be able to order 99 at the next Tesco 3 for 2 and then flip it for cash the next week'

not to mention
"I'm out of the business I'm finding more opportunities selling bike parts and buying cryptocurrency than trading Lego. But on the other hand I will definitely snag 300boxes of Eiffel during 3 for 2."

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

That's more val-e. Tabby is more 'will I be able to order 99 at the next Tesco 3 for 2 and then flip it for cash the next week'

The real @Val-E would like to add that Mixer is currently making the same gross profit in Euros as 71312 Ekimu Bionicle, only with an 80% higher RRP and 90% more stock listed.

I guess that the Carousel´s release in June means that 10247 Ferris Wheel will probably retire this winter as there would be a 6 month overlap and it will have been out for 2.5 years. However, if there is a sudden sales spurt they might keep it on another year.

Edited by Val-E

Looks good. Those that have Grand Carousel should be pleased as this set should only spike interest and add value.

The new carousel is a nice size between the Grand and WVM carousel. I'll def be adding it to my fairground sets.

Agree that this set should be around $100-$120. Depending on accessories, figs etc. it may be priced same as the Mixer.

• Like 1

Love this.

I've been slowly Bricklinking a GC for years. It's only 1/3 put together.

I'll happily throw those parts back into my parts bin, get rid of the fabric pattern I have for the sails, and buy this right away.

Man, I was gonna try and sell you my last original sail...
  • Like 2

Insert trump WRONG gif here.

The new Carousel looks great and refreshing.  Very modern update.  It makes 10196 def look dated. I hope it contains a soundbrick.  Power functions likely will be optional.  I also think it will rotate smoother and be less fragile than 19196 since Lego had over 7-8 years to work out the kinks.

if this set can be easily motorized with PF and contains a soundbrick, 10196 should rapidly depreciate especially if Lego surprising us by including the latter 2 items are included in the box.

Warning : Video link below has sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx2ze2ghqkv77tu/Video Mar 17%2C 7 42 44 AM.mov?dl=0

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

9 minutes ago, KShine said:

Beautiful set - They did a great job on this one.

As far as the people saying this won't have an effect on the value of the older Carousel (or that it even might help it) - sorry, but that just ain't so.

Perhaps for the mainstream buyers, but the piece count will have an influence on that. The Grand was over 3000 pieces. I think the new carousel will be less than 2k.