10257 - Carousel

siddji

I like it. This set really shows how much Lego has evolved over the last years. Just looking at the picture there are a ton of pieces that didn't exist ten years ago. I still think 10196 is a better looking set, but this one certainly is an interesting build. I'm glad they didn't just do the 'ol cheese slope "update".

The only thing I don't like are some of the brick built animals. The orange and green things (dog and frog?) look out of place to me.

4 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Dog??? :o)

Perhaps a tiger...? ;-)

Yeah that was my initial thought, but it doesn't look anything like a tiger except for the fact that it has the right colors. Ah, maybe it's just the low res image :sweat:

I wonder if they are ever going to do the flying chairs ride as a set. I think I remember a video where someone showed it as a MOC, possibly Jamie Berrard.

7 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Yeah that was my initial thought, but it doesn't look anything like a tiger except for the fact that it has the right colors. Ah, maybe it's just the low res image :sweat:

I wonder if they are ever going to do the flying chairs ride as a set. I think I remember a video where someone showed it as a MOC, possibly Jamie Berrard.

I think that they will. There was one in the background of the fairground set (and on this one) which is sometimes a hint - I wouldn't mind a looping roller coaster.

Image result for fairground lego
Edited by KShine

5 minutes ago, warezz said:

FB_IMG_1493281500561.jpg

Okay, now that totally looks like a tiger right? Maybe a really sad tiger with a disfigured jaw?

3 minutes ago, KShine said:

I think that they will. There was one in the background of the fairground set (which is sometimes a hint) - I wouldn't mind a looping roller coaster.

I hope so. They used the same background for Ferris Wheel (including the roller coaster).

l
I think I will need to consider changing things a bit to make a Star Wars Carousel (maybe incorporate some Microfighters sets).

I considered doing that when I started BL'ing 10196. I considered making a pretty cool SW themed GC. So much so that I grabbed a couple of carousel organ music versions of Star Wars themes. I figured I would throw them into an iPod Nano, and brick up a spot to hide that and a small speaker.

I'll probably do the same for 10257 but with regular carousel music.
  • Like 4

I'm really liking this set. I'm also intrigued to see what people come up with for MOC's to replace some of the animals, or use the SW micro builds or even making use of some of the Lego Dimension builds...Finally a use for all of those $1 Dimension sales!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I considered doing that when I started BL'ing 10196. I considered making a pretty cool SW themed GC. So much so that I grabbed a couple of carousel organ music versions of Star Wars themes. I figured I would throw them into an iPod Nano, and brick up a spot to hide that and a small speaker.

I'll probably do the same for 10257 but with regular carousel music.

Music suggestion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpLgBprqLI

There's 42 minutes of it too :D

• Like 2

I love it. Like someone else said, if there's a good promo with it it'll be a day one purchase for me.

Although it might be smaller in scale than 10196, I think it looks better. But given 8 years of R&D and all the new pieces to work with, it should. Well done LEGO!