The Parenting Thread - let's talk about our kids here

Alpinemaps

Oh, no doubt.  We'll have to see how it goes.  We started 3 days a week last week (Tuesday general practice, with all levels, Friday team practice, and Saturday game).  This was only the second week he's done three day a week, and he got checked by an older kid and wasn't happy about it.  We had to leave early.  We're going to limit to twice a week for probably the rest of the season.  

We've got too many parents spreading themselves thin out here, and kids missing hockey because of T-Ball (or vice versa).  I'm a "one sport at a time" type, and since he seems so passionate about hockey (and has been for two years now, and 6 months of playing), that I'm going to let him stay focused on that for now.

If he stays passionate about it, and he wants to put in the work, then we're spending the weekends at the rink, I guess.  Can't complain too much about staying indoors in a cool environment during the hot SoCal summer :lol:

• Like 1

Get a room, you two. Besides Alpine, what are you doing playing hockey in CA anyways?

My daughter was doing figure skating lessons two years ago. We were at the rink and watched one of the beer leagues practicing. Ever since, he's bugged me to play.

Back in October we put him on the ice and he took off. He's been learning/practicing/playing almost weekly since November.

He's really passionate about it. Which is fine with me. I love hockey.
  • Like 3