Would you "pay-per-advice" by an intellectually gifted person?

7 hours ago, donbee said:

So... he can't decide if he should start a business making decisions for other people. So he asked you, someone of significantly lower intellect (not saying you're dumb, just he's so smart) for advice on making this decision. Which I assume you're doing for free, since you're asking us for free advice to gauge the market for paid advice. If you're charging him for your advice, then you my friend, are the genius.

I really am not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to explain why so many people here are poking fun rather than contributing.

There are things you cannot "know", so you have to ask people directly what they think. This is simple market research (like you say yourself, later in your reply). Or have you seen experts "predicting" who will win an election by just telling you what they "know"? In some cases you "have" to ask the people themselves. I wasn't asked for advice but for taking the question to a forum. I was expecting some people to make fun of the topic (and me), no problem, it's always the same - as soon as someone comes up with a topic like this people go "beast mode" to defend themselves right away even if no one has been attacked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

"1) What would you ask someone like him/her?"

Does he know anything about story structure? I've been trying to write a novel for a long time, but I always get stuck on plot and would love to know how to better formulate a definitive plot outline before I start writing the first scene.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

Does he know anything about story structure? I've been trying to write a novel for a long time, but I always get stuck on plot and would love to know how to better formulate a definitive plot outline before I start writing the first scene.

It has already been concluded that the "service" would obviously not work with questions within certain specialized fields (like expert knowledge in engineering, astrophysics or whatever), like discussed some posts before.