Brick by brick Chicago Museum of science and industry

Locutus001

Hey folks,

don't know if all of you've already heard of this exhibition but since I've been to Chicago the last couple of days I had to visit it.

http://www.msichicago.org/explore/whats-here/exhibits/brick-by-brick/

So the Chicago museum of sciense and industry is great as far as I can say after visiting it today! (Don't buy the BB-8 in the robot store for 200+$ though when u can have it for 150 downstairs :-P ).

My main reason for visiting has been the brick by brick exhibition though. Even though it has not been as big and LEGO rich as I hoped for it was a lot of fun for me and my parents ^.^

So I'd say they should have added a place where they display all of the LEGO architecture sets available (and those that have been available).

They show some but if you ask me they should have displayed all of them, especially the newer ones. I mean they didn't even put the architecture Chicago set on display :-P

Anyhow this is more about physics and architecture than it is about LEGO so I get why they probably didn't do that. But I think it would have made the experience even better.

They have 2 areas where you can build stuff. Due to the very limited ressources it's difficult to build something great though. But with the architecture designer set area you could build some nice things (even though it has been much more limited than I would have expected).

Then they show some nicely done bigger scaled LEGO models. My favorites have been the Pyramids, the Gateway Arch and the Colloseum. The Golden Gate Bridge is huge and also nice but I was a little bit disappointed that they used supportive elements on the walls to support the LEGO model.

All in all the exhibition has been a lot smaller and less LEGOish than I would have expected but it still was a lot of fun and I saw some techniques that looked pretty nice.

So if you're in the Chicago area and can spare $30 (btw why do you put the $ infront of the number? I mean you say it afterwards right? never got that) maybe you wanna visit the exhibition. Awesome for a family trip I'd say :-)