Super Heroes 2018

Alpinemaps

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, brickolodon said:

Ant-man and wasp 76109 backordered LEGO Shop at Home...i knew that but not that quick...wmt got plenty of stock. Btw my LEGO store OOS too...

interesting.. in Europe its 5 per person and available in plenty. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm excited about the live action movie to be  honest! But I do agree that DC has done some pretty bad movies lately, like the justice league! But I have to say, when their movies are good, there really good!! Like the batman's, and wonder women. Those are the rare movies that keep DC alive. 

I also hear their making a Joker movie, and a few other super hero movies that look bad. I wish they would just leave the original joker from the Dark Knight, the only Joker in DC!!! Because that was the their best movie and the Joker was played VERY well!! And I'm afraid that the new Joker movie would make the Joker look bad, which he didn't in the dark knight!

The only movie that I am excited about from DC is wonder women 2 in 2020. And they might mess that up as well!!! 

What are everyone's favorite DC movies? 

17 minutes ago, The Builder said:

I'm excited about the live action movie to be  honest! But I do agree that DC has done some pretty bad movies lately, like the justice league! But I have to say, when their movies are good, there really good!! Like the batman's, and wonder women. Those are the rare movies that keep DC alive. 

I also hear their making a Joker movie, and a few other super hero movies that look bad. I wish they would just leave the original joker from the Dark Knight, the only Joker in DC!!! Because that was the their best movie and the Joker was played VERY well!! And I'm afraid that the new Joker movie would make the Joker look bad, which he didn't in the dark knight!

The only movie that I am excited about from DC is wonder women 2 in 2020. And they might mess that up as well!!! 

I will be watching the new AquaMan. Id have to agree on wonderwoman, nicely done flick. Jack Nicholson as joker  FTW!

1 hour ago, The Builder said:

I actually far prefer the DC movies to Marvel's recycled formula. DC's only problem is that the studio keeps changing the movie on the director. Dark Knight is my favourite comic book movie and my second favourite movie period after Gladiator. Man of Steel is the best superhero origin movie there is in my opinion, and Batman vs Superman is my second favourite comic book movie after Dark Knight. I could not believe the hate for that movie as it was nirvana for me. Most of their latest movies are based on more mature stories from the 80s, which is when I came into reading comics and so these are a dream come true. I was enjoying Suicide Squad for the first half with the origin stories but then WB's editing took over (they actually hired people who make trailers to edit the movie) and ruined what should have been a fantastic movie. WW was fun but unremarkable to me. Had that been about a male hero it would have been nothing special - however it is the one movie WB didn't edit over the director and look how it worked out just fine. Justice League, to quote Kevin Smith, had moments that made my heart soar but again suffered from too many cooks in the kitchen once they brought Joss Whedon in to do reshoots. But I still enjoyed most of what I saw and am amazed at all the revelations at what was removed. Release the Snyder cut!!! :) 

DC's main characters (including villains like the Joker) are always being updated with the times so while I love Heath Ledger as the definitive Joker, Jack Nicholson was my Joker as a teenager and he was right up there while being completely different and legitimate in his take. Leto's version got edited out of the movie from what I read. I am hopeful for Joaquim Phoenix (he of my favourite movie Gladiator) as Joker.

I'm looking forward to all the coming DC movies, including Aquaman, Shazam, WW2, and the Harley Quinn and Birds of Prey movie, and of course the Batman solo movie that's in the works. These are all very different movies and the variety is appealing.  

I love comic books and I love Sci-Fi and I love movies...so the more the better...sure there's a dilution effect but I like having regular movie options instead of waiting 2-3 years for "the next one". 

I find that the Joker continues to evolve to be the "reflection of the times" villian...let's face it...the Villian makes the movie and Batman would not be the Mainstay Character he is without him. 

That said...it's truly a great time to be a movie goer since CG has finally allowed the comic books to come alive (some for the worse...ahem Transformers...but it looks like they are going back to old school w/ Bee [finally])

...can't wait for the eventual DC vs Marvel

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I love comic books and I love Sci-Fi and I love movies...so the more the better...sure there's a dilution effect but I like having regular movie options instead of waiting 2-3 years for "the next one". 

I find that the Joker continues to evolve to be the "reflection of the times" villian...let's face it...the Villian makes the movie and Batman would not be the Mainstay Character he is without him. 

That said...it's truly a great time to be a movie goer since CG has finally allowed the comic books to come alive (some for the worse...ahem Transformers...but it looks like they are going back to old school w/ Bee [finally])

...can't wait for the eventual DC vs Marvel

I think that DC VS. Marvel super heroes would be great!!! I love the idea! 

I always prefer DC villains over Marvel villains for some reason? I think it's because the DC villains are smarter, cooler, and stronger {mentally}. That's why the Joker is the best villain in the world in my opinion. He's smart, some what strong, and funny at the same time! I've become disappointed with DC as the years go on. 

They need to go back to, good directors, good actors, and good stories. All that makes a good movie, which is what they used to make back in the day. 

1 hour ago, The Builder said:

I think that DC VS. Marvel super heroes would be great!!! I love the idea! 

I always prefer DC villains over Marvel villains for some reason? I think it's because the DC villains are smarter, cooler, and stronger {mentally}. That's why the Joker is the best villain in the world in my opinion. He's smart, some what strong, and funny at the same time! I've become disappointed with DC as the years go on. 

They need to go back to, good directors, good actors, and good stories. All that makes a good movie, which is what they used to make back in the day. 

DC has great directors, actors and stories. The difference is they have been making movies aimed at adults (BvS was borderline R) while Marvel has been aiming for live cartoons and that’s what’s in right now. When DC makes lighter fare like WW and Aquaman they are right there with Marvel. I like the variety and would hate if all DC movies were no consequence cartoons. Eventually people will want something different than the same movie over and over. Disney is doing the same thing with Star Wars and people are getting fed up

Just now, jeff_14 said:

DC has great directors, actors and stories. The difference is they have been making movies aimed at adults (BvS was borderline R) while Marvel has been aiming for live cartoons and that’s what’s in right now. When DC makes lighter fare like WW and Aquaman they are right there with Marvel. I like the variety and would hate if all DC movies were no consequence cartoons. Eventually people will want something different than the same movie over and over. Disney is doing the same thing with Star Wars and people are getting fed up

I disagree, because if they have good directors, like you say, a lot of their movies would be better and more popular. I don't think age has anything to do with it. Grand parents like watching marvel and DC both. the only reason DC movies have gone down, is because of bad scripts and directors. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DC, but my point is that their movies aren't what they used to be. There coming out with cheesy stuff like the justice league and shazam. But I love DC!

21 minutes ago, The Builder said:

I disagree, because if they have good directors, like you say, a lot of their movies would be better and more popular. I don't think age has anything to do with it. Grand parents like watching marvel and DC both. the only reason DC movies have gone down, is because of bad scripts and directors. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DC, but my point is that their movies aren't what they used to be. There coming out with cheesy stuff like the justice league and shazam. But I love DC!

Grandprents are not the target of near R rated movies. DC’s movies are excellent, but they aren’t Marvel movies and that’s what people want more than not. You see it in reviews of DC movies where they are always compared to Marvel as being less funny, or not as light, etc. The scripts for DC movies are written by a lot of the same people who did the Dark Knight trilogy, or the award winning Argo. The directors are all A list. The actors are more A list than Marvel. There’s no lack of talent: Sometimes movies aren’t appreciated in their time. Like how Goodfellas didn’t win best picture. 

Just now, jeff_14 said:

Grandprents are not the target of near R rated movies. DC’s movies are excellent, but they aren’t Marvel movies and that’s what people want more than not. You see it in reviews of DC movies where they are always compared to Marvel as being less funny, or not as light, etc. The scripts for DC movies are written by a lot of the same people who did the Dark Knight trilogy, or the award winning Argo. The directors are all A list. The actors are more A list than Marvel. There’s no lack of talent: Sometimes movies aren’t appreciated in their time. Like how Goodfellas didn’t win best picture. 

I think there is a little lack of talent, and good scripts. And I do agree that DC is NOT marvel, marvel is more light and funny, and DC is more emotional and dark. But DC has done some bad movies in the past that has destroyed there reputation! 

Here's what it comes down to, talent, directors, and good scripts. Which DC has 1-2 of the three. Were as marvel has all 3. That's why marvel movies gross more than DC, because DC has been producing crap for a few years. As that pains me to say. Because DC is my favorite of the two. But I'm mad at DC for messing it up!

Edited by The Builder

I think the Ben Afleck Hate may have been a key reason forJustice League and earlier Batman vs Superman ...subparness

DC made a mistake w/ casting an iconic character w/ an actor (tho recently much improved)...that comes w/ a lot of past crapness...

Both DC and Marvel have proven loved plotlines...they just need to not mess it up