Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

On 8/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, CM4Sci said:

Don't forget we still have like 20 TLJ/Han Solo sets to see 

In that one catalogue that leaked, it showed 5 sets coming for the Han Solo movie.  There's also 4 more sets coming for the Last Jedi on 1/1/2018 for the winter wave.  I also read where "Solo Friday" or whatever they are calling it is on 4/20.  So, after this winter wave, that's the next thing to look forward to until the Summer 2018 waves, which I assume will have the traditional 5 or 6 sets that will probably book end both the Han Solo and Last Jedi films.   I'm going to assume we won't see many more Force Awakens or Rogue One sets...although it would be nice to at least get a Saw Gerrera mini to finish off Rogue One.  It's also disappointing we didn't get anything related to Darth Vaders slaughtering of Fleet Troopers as they escaped on the Tantive IV (in fact, I'm shocked the Tantive IV wasn't in the Rogue One waves).  That would have made for a great set highlighting the best scene in the movie.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

It's also disappointing we didn't get anything related to Darth Vaders slaughtering of Fleet Troopers as they escaped on the Tantive IV (in fact, I'm shocked the Tantive IV wasn't in the Rogue One waves).  That would have made for a great set highlighting the best scene in the movie.

I had the same feeling about the lack of a Tantive IV set...

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 10:14 AM, Val-E said:

Reminds me of the 9493 box art and if anything sells like that did, I´ll be more than happy.

Time to sell those S1 Falcons then! The new Vader buildable is gonna get a lot of resellers upset as it will cap the old one that hasn´t even retired yet. Damn your remake policy TLG.

I never felt like that one had legs. I know a lot of people did, but these constraction figures are the worst.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seems we will be getting a new Falcon playset for the Han movie after all. It will look different (blue and white colour scheme like Resistance X Wing) and have Lando as a minifigure.

The only Falcon character people really want is Nien Nunb and they still won't get it with this.

I've started divesting myself of these, replacing them with Saturns. Pretty aurr I can get more cheaply off Tesco if I need to.

Yeah, the fact 75105 didn´t sell out last Xmas is a sign to avoid that set - the fakes have killed the market for it.

I guess there is a chance they maintain both sets in the range, like they did with the TFA X wings, as the Solo one won´t have the minifigs kids will want from the latest films and will look different. It´s interesting they mention some sort of cargo hooking device going on the front.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, the fact 75105 didn´t sell out last Xmas is a sign to avoid that set - the fakes have killed the market for it.

I guess there is a chance they maintain both sets in the range, like they did with the TFA X wings, as the Solo one won´t have the minifigs kids will want from the latest films and will look different. It´s interesting they mention some sort of cargo hooking device going on the front.

Yep, it's a total turkey. Even constant 40-50% discounts have failed to shift these. I even struggled to sell the £30 ones from Tesco. Leave well alone... FWIW, I'm leaving ALL of Star Wars alone - that ship has sailed.

It did sell out Christmas 2015 – I did decently flipping in Jan/Feb before the restocks.  Probably associated with TFA, but I’d wait to see the size and price of any new one, before writing 75105 off completely.   Holding 50% discounted stock on recently retired sets, may compare favourably to the new pricing on re-releases. 

3 hours ago, feed said:

It did sell out Christmas 2015 – I did decently flipping in Jan/Feb before the restocks.  Probably associated with TFA, but I’d wait to see the size and price of any new one, before writing 75105 off completely.   Holding 50% discounted stock on recently retired sets, may compare favourably to the new pricing on re-releases. 

2015 seems galaxies far away now. 7965 also sold out and retired in 2014, contributing nicely to the  pension fund. That was long before the clone and knock off wars started.

Times have changed since then and 75105 has been at 30% off on Amazon all year and down to 30 quid at Tesco.

We have to see if there is a spike in interest in old SW sets for TLJ but I am prepared for the worst just in case.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Are you not leaving everything alone, so leaving Star Wars alone would be a given?

For investment, I'm leaving everything alone. For collecting, I'm now done with Star Wars as there's not one single new set that floats my boat. If I ever bought again for investment, it has to be 75% off as even reaching RRP after EOL is rare. Saying it as it is, that's all.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth"

Edited by TabbyBoy

32 minutes ago, Val-E said:

2015 seems galaxies far away now. 7965 also sold out and retired in 2014, contributing nicely to the  pension fund. That was long before the clone and knock off wars started.

Times have changed since then and 75105 has been at 30% off on Amazon all year and down to 30 quid at Tesco.

We have to see if there is a spike in interest in old SW sets for TLJ but I am prepared for the worst just in case.

There doesn’t have to be a huge interest in old SW sets, they just have to be priced competitively against the new sets.
And RRP on some of the 2015/2016 sets looks real value compared to some of the stuff that’s released this year.  

2011 7965 retailed at 130/140, 
2015 75105 at 140/150 (with more parts) looks decent value 
But what will the 2018 version look like 175? 

and the £30 Tesco price error isn't representative, resellers holding stock at 50% discount sure..  

8 hours ago, feed said:

I was flipping the recently retired AT-AT and Star Destroyers that year. None of the TFA sets were completely sold out in my area even on Christmas Eve. I had to eat some of the TFA sets I bought at retail for QF. My nephew got a Poe's X-Wing for Christmas and I wound up opening the Falcon for Father's Day because the online price had dropped so much and I knew that having paid retail when it sold out the first day was a bad decision, since they restocked so quickly and plentifully. The other Poe X-Wings I bought were traded locally for some other stuff, eventually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, CM4Sci said:

First look at the Executioner Trooper minifigure that may or may not be coming out in 2018. I personally do not like it - I really feel they should have printed black shoulder pads on the arms or used dual molded black/white arms. Black sleeves are not good. 

Is that a fly swatter in its hand?

• 4 weeks later...

So, i've seen a few over the past week.  Rose in FO Uniform, a FO Executioner Stormtrooper, the Crait Skimmer pilot, an a-wing pilot, and a new Rey in her outfit that she was in at the end of the Force Awakens.

75197 - $14.99 
75200 - $24.99
75201 - $59.99
75202 - $79.99

From what I gather there are 3 microfighters - Chewbacca piloting the Falcon, a FO Tie Fighter with FO tie pilot, and (rumored A-wing with the pilot that was recently leaked)

We know that the Jawa/Tusken Raider/Droid battle pack is 1 of the 2 on January 1st, and the second battle pack is something from the Last Jedi.  So that's one of the 4 sets.

The rey figure is more than likely paired with Luke in the 75200 set which is based on Ach-to... or at least thats what is rumored, although it could be a bigger set like Battle on Takodana, Battle of Geonosis, Scarif Bunker Battle, and the Unkar Plutt Jakku set.  Those are commonly released in the winter wave.

There's the rumored Crait skimmer and that figure has been leaked.  That might be the 79.99 set... but i'm not sure.  

Then there's the mystery set...  Clearly a good leak should hit soon.  The other set that is supposed to be released on January 1st is the General Grievous fighter set that also comes with Mace Windu. 

The Yoda Hut, and Jedi and Clone battle pack is rumored to hit with the 5 set Han Solo wave on 4/20.  That wave also has a battle pack for the Han Solo movie.   Who knows if there will be a summer wave or if the Han Solo movie is part of the official "summer wave".

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 4