Marvel & DC - general discussion

TheOrcKing

I love the Avengers Tower. But that's probably just personal preference. As far as it goes, The exclusive figures are the various Ultrons that are all virtually indistinguishable, an Iron Man that is indistinguishable, a Hawkeye  that is virtually indistinguishable, a Scarlet Witch that might be better than the Civil War one, Vision, Quicksilver Iron Legion and Baron Strucker.

If it weren't for the fact that the airport battle made the quinjet city chase almost completely redundant, I would have put my money on that one. The Vision is the only part of that set that people will go crazy for. Hulkbuster is the best contender for increase.

Yet the hulk buster is everywhere and hasn't been on sale at any brick and mortars anywhere near me. I feel similarly, but don't believe enough to pay more than $20 (hoping for $15).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Disney owns Marvel studios, comics, licensing and all except the movie rights to X-men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-man.  I can see them making a concerted effort to push the X-men out of comics as much as possible and not support something they don't have the rights to capitalize on at the box office.  Fans have speculated that it's a reason why you don't see nearly as many X-men products on the market today since Disney controls the merchandising and licensing side.

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

Disney owns Marvel studios, comics, licensing and all except the movie rights to X-men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-man.  I can see them making a concerted effort to push the X-men out of comics as much as possible and not support something they don't have the rights to capitalize on at the box office.  Fans have speculated that it's a reason why you don't see nearly as many X-men products on the market today since Disney controls the merchandising and licensing side.

Doing some research, I found out that there's a series of Marvel Legends featuring the X-Men releasing next month. I'm beginning to suspect some kind of a stunt.

Hasbro, who makes Marvel Legends, and other licensees have still been releasing X-men products but it has seemed to slow down substantially since Disney took over Marvel.  There has been a concerted effort to push Avengers, Captain America, and Iron Man to the forefront and understandably so.  Disney wants to capitalize their marketing opportunities through their licensed products in conjunction with their studio releases.

On 7/13/2016 at 1:18 PM, zskid00 said:

Hasbro, who makes Marvel Legends, and other licensees have still been releasing X-men products but it has seemed to slow down substantially since Disney took over Marvel.  There has been a concerted effort to push Avengers, Captain America, and Iron Man to the forefront and understandably so.  Disney wants to capitalize their marketing opportunities through their licensed products in conjunction with their studio releases.

Exactly. They killed the usual Wolverine the other year and he's still dead, replaced by a less popular female clone and an alternate reality old man version. Anyone enjoying the real Wolverine on screen will be hard pressed to find a comic book that resembles him, though it sounds like the next Wolverine movie will have some connection to the old man version.