10258 - London Bus

Val-E

The ones who decided to go to Leicester Sq wont regret that for sure, Jamie Berard and Morten Graff-Wang
was there and I have had great pleasure to talk to them in peron because not much of the AFOLS there and people simple didnt know who they are

so it gave some extra minutes to spend with them and oh blimey that was a great experience and conversation to have.
Got  London Bus and Apollo V Signed along with Assembly Square

Sorry Tabby for underestimating this event, they did blow the balloon with this one for sure.

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 7

The ones who decided to go to Leicester Sq wont regret that for sure, Jamie Berard and Morten Graff-Wang
was there and I have had great pleasure to talk to them in peron because not much of the AFOLS there and people simple didnt know who they are
so it gave some extra minutes to spend with them and oh blimey that was a great experience and conversation to have.
Got  London Bus and Apollo V Signed along with Assembly Square

Sorry Tabby for underestimating this event, they did blow the balloon with this one for sure.

Did you ask them about the falcon? :-)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Did you ask them about the falcon? :-)

only if I'd know they will be there I'd defo prepare a long list of questions related with current present and future projects.

We talked a bit about Apollo V, to those who dont know Jamie is not just responsible for Creator and Creator Expert Line but also Ideas, he is in a straight line a Boss of the Mike Psiaki and everything Mike has achieved so far was under strict observation and jurisdiction of Jamie.

He did mention about the part when Michael was explaining to Jamie techniques he used to achieve certain aspects of construction which Jamie would never use in first hand.
We talked little about Ninjago CIty building and why they left a backdoor by using technic parts to connect modulars together.

We talked little about carousel and again Mike's influence and Assembly Square which is like a cheery on the top of the Pie for Jamie.

We talked little as well about Lego House and why this place is such a important place and achievement to the Lego Group.

He said the new Creator Modular building is in the Pipeline and it was a very important project for him because he wanted to give it a go for very long time but he did't receive positive respond from TLG untill now, so that means one of the Modulars is going EOL very soon.
Forgot to ask them about upcomming new big construction from Lego which is coming this December associated with Disney but not really with Star Wars.

Jamie was talking in superlatives about mike and how much of the fresh air he brought with himself to the design team and how much they are a inspiration to each other.

Great talk, great people, glad to see those Lads again.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy

The big hassle is carrying those signed boxes across London and then to home. Unless you have a car, they won't survive the pushing and shoving everywhere you turn. I really hate London and I only go if I have to. Sorry, LEGO doesn't qualify even if Harrison Ford was there to sign the new MF. I didn't miss out on anything as I don't care who those guys were and I no longer sell so of no value to me ;-)

8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

The big hassle is carrying those signed boxes across London and then to home. Unless you have a car, they won't survive the pushing and shoving everywhere you turn. I really hate London and I only go if I have to. Sorry, LEGO doesn't qualify even if Harrison Ford was there to sign the new MF. I didn't miss out on anything as I don't care who those guys were and I no longer sell so of no value to me ;-)

The pros will have henchmen they send out to do their shopping for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

What does everyone think investment wise for this set Lego 10258 London bus?  Could this set reach at least $225+ in the next few years from now?

(Mostly referring to sites like Ebay and bricklink as I am not sure if the current prices on amazon if people are actually buying the set at those prices)

I feel like it may not be a great investment because 

1. On Ebay after the set retired , a brand new one is still going for less than $150 most of the time and a used one something between $40 and $90

2. Has been out for at least 4 years.

3. Not sure if it would quite have that "universal" appeal to people since it more London , U.K country specific etc.

Thoughts regarding this set investment wise?

Edited by LegoC777

7 hours ago, LegoC777 said:

What does everyone think investment wise for this set Lego 10258 London bus?  Could this set reach at least $225+ in the next few years from now?

(Mostly referring to sites like Ebay and bricklink as I am not sure if the current prices on amazon if people are actually buying the set at those prices)

I feel like it may not be a great investment because 

1. On Ebay after the set retired , a brand new one is still going for less than $150 most of the time and a used one something between $40 and $90

2. Has been out for at least 4 years.

3. Not sure if it would quite have that "universal" appeal to people since it more London , U.K country specific etc.

Thoughts regarding this set investment wise?

Yes and it's discontinued  or will be in may, Don't recall exactly.  For investing and reducing risk Buy cheaper sets, perfect example is the 75895, sells super fast,You could literally not bought to many of this set. double your money with super low return risk. 

16 hours ago, chaozz said:

Yes and it's discontinued  or will be in may, Don't recall exactly.  For investing and reducing risk Buy cheaper sets, perfect example is the 75895, sells super fast,You could literally not bought to many of this set. double your money with super low return risk. 

You are assuming all sellers are selling on Amazon

other than that platform selling such volumes make little sense on such low profit returns per sale. 

I have the $50 model approach...if I can't "eventually" make at least $50 profit then it's outside of my field.

Why $50?  Well that's a bit more than my day job hourly.  Given the hassles of storage, communication, and shipping (but mostly tolerating my wife's bitchin), I need at least $50 to make it somewhat worth it for me.

[sorry back on topic...I think it will take almost 5+ years for London bus to appreciate "well"...use the Tower Bridge set as a decent comp...iconic but lots of issues weighing it down...until it's almost forgotten by the mass resellers. too iconic to be a lifelong turd...but it's a looong hold forsure]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

You are assuming all sellers are selling on Amazon

other than that platform selling such volumes make little sense on such low profit returns per sale. 

I have the $50 model approach...if I can't "eventually" make at least $50 profit then it's outside of my field.

Why $50?  Well that's a bit more than my day job hourly.  Given the hassles of storage, communication, and shipping (but mostly tolerating my wife's bitchin), I need at least $50 to make it somewhat worth it for me.

[sorry back on topic...I think it will take almost 5+ years for London bus to appreciate "well"...use the Tower Bridge set as a decent comp...iconic but lots of issues weighing it down...until it's almost forgotten by the mass resellers. too iconic to be a lifelong turd...but it's a looong hold forsure]

I think this one will be better if your in that range,its retired and WM and Amazon sold out this xmas, It sold really well for us at $145+

42126 Ford F-150 Raptor