10258 - London Bus

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Is this the knockoff company that shall not be named version or the legit version?

I can't see the link either ;-)

Is it just me but do others think that Lego have overdone the London/Uk themes over the past year? We've had Tower Bridge (which just won't die), Big Ben, mini London bus, caterham, London skyline, Buckingham palace and now we get a the Creator version of the London bus. This is not London bashing since I live in old London Town but there are many other places that they can get inspiration.

• Like 5

On 23.06.2017 at 10:32 PM, Shewie said:

it's about 30cm-35cm long, 15-20cm tall, it's based on retro design of the London Bus and seeing this you feel this heritage of the 60's 70's. comes with detachable top plus entire top floor is detachable to get the better access, it's full of very interesting details and techniques used to accomplish some part of the construction.

18cm x 34cm

I almost hit the sweet spot.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Is it just me but do others think that Lego have overdone the London/Uk themes over the past year? We've had Tower Bridge (which just won't die), Big Ben, mini London bus, caterham, London skyline, Buckingham palace and now we get a the Creator version of the London bus. This is not London bashing since I live in old London Town but there are many other places that they can get inspiration.

Maybe, but lets face it .. all of those sets you've identified are geared towards older builders of LEGO.

I think LEGO is trying to create a "theme" in a sense based on London/UK. There is a good cross section with vehicle/architecture collectors in there as well.

29 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Maybe, but lets face it .. all of those sets you've identified are geared towards older builders of LEGO.

I think LEGO is trying to create a "theme" in a sense based on London/UK. There is a good cross section with vehicle/architecture collectors in there as well.

New Expert theme in the works.

London.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LahH001 said:

Well, Dhaka or Beirut could be interesting alternatives.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
58 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Well, Dhaka or Beirut could be interesting alternatives.

I'm thinking Kabul, Damascus or Baghdad where an assortment of brown and tan bricks with no instruction booklet would suffice  ;-)

I agree that there's been a heavy focus on London recently, but I think this set is different, and is going to suffer because of it.  As an American, who's (regrettably) never been to London, I can easily recognize the bridge or Big Ben.  They transcend.  But this bus...I really question how it's going to do in the U.S. - not that selling well in the U.S. is the end-all-be-all, but I don't think TLG will find this to be a big seller over here.  I've never owned any of the recent Creator vehicles (in real life), but I can appreciate the inherent artistry of the VW Bus, the Mini, the new Bug, and even the Ferrari.  But this London bus...it's just not iconic enough or artistic enough to be of great interest personally.  Perhaps it's memorable in a quirky sort of way, but to me it's not a whole lot different than a New York City taxi cab - and I don't want that set either.  It's a specific vehicle germane to a specific city.  And if they did make a NYC cab, I'd say that it will never sell well in Europe.  I just think this set may be a bit too niche...but what the hell do I know?

What I would vastly prefer is this set in purple, and then we would have our first Harry Potter UCS set!

Edited by Dr Jedi
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

What I would vastly prefer is this set in purple, and then we would have our first Harry Potter UCS set!

@exciter1   ok now I understand your previous question about purple colour! :)

@Dr Jedi I asked authorities from LEGO who gave me opportunity to see this model in real life the exact same thing. Who is going to buy this thing outside the UK because It's always a nice touch to see another new model within Creator Expert lineup but honestly I wasn't really blown away with the design and execution, that's why my initial review was rather gravitating towards calming the atmosphere down around this model.
Well TLG is a big and well experienced (cough75098cough!) company and I'm more than sure they marketing team ballparked carefully potential demand before giving to this set a green light, I'm not the customer for this one but I'm sure there will be plenty of AFOLS right there jumping right away on the bandwagon to get the new interesting parts and the old parts in new colour.
Most of them actually are mentioning about modding current design of the VW Beetle into the "Red" version.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LahH001 said:

What? I'm already looking forward to 10264 Black Cab and 10270 Boris Bike.

And don't forget mini figures series 20. The Cockneys. Including Chimney Sweep, Pearly King and Queen, Market Stall Seller, Beefeater and many more.

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

Don't forget the new constraction set of Her Majesty complete with white gloves and pink frilly knickers. Oh... and Prince Charles with adjustable ears accompanied by his horse, I mean wife, Camilla.

Most of them actually are mentioning about modding current design of the VW Beetle into the "Red" version.

Wait, what? Are they suggesting there are pieces in this build that are red versions of pieces in he Beetle build?

I'm looking at it and I don't see those pieces. So not sure what you mean.