How would I go about selling my legos, and how much could I get out of them?

I've been collecting LEGOs for around 10 years now, and I think it's finally time for me to sell them. I made a spreadsheet with all of the sets I have and their retail prices. It came out to be $4,500. I'm wondering how I could go about selling all of these.

- They are all in large tubs, not assembled or sorted.

- I probably only have 95% of the pieces of all of these sets.

How would I go about selling these in bulk, and how much do you think I could get for them?

qrSE2Mn.png

Thank you,

- brjedi

Hello and welcome.

This question has been asked a lot. The answer is usually: if you want to get max profit, don't sell in bulk. If you do decide to sell in bulk, be prepared to get a signifcantly lower price for your stuff.

As for places to sell, there's the obvious ones like eBay, Craigslist,etc. but you can check out Brick Classifieds, Bricklink and Brickowl as well. I suggest putting them up on Brick Classifieds and seeing if anyone here is interested in buying them. You have some nice sets, so it shouldn't be a problem finding a buyer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Hello and welcome.

This question has been asked a lot. The answer is usually: if you want to get max profit, don't sell in bulk. If you do decide to sell in bulk, be prepared to get a signifcantly lower price for your stuff.

To expand on that, if you sell them unsorted, you will likely get paid by the pound because someone else will have to do the work of sorting, inventorying, and cleaning your bricks. If you want full value for each set you'll have to sort, inventory, clean, and package them yourself.

The other thing I would say is it looks like your quoted prices are from bnib listings which command a huge mark up due to rarity. Yours are used, unsorted, not guaranteed to be complete, and I'm guessing without boxes? 

I would lower your expectations on potential sale price, a lot. 

• Like 1