Alien conquest next wave?

jocappy

My son and I love the AC sets and have them all. Wondering when or if more are coming down the line?

I think they are done. Might be time to pick up whatever sets you don't have on EBAY. There are usually a ton of quality AC lots on EBAY at great prices.

I spoke to a Lego rep refacing the LEGO isle in Walmart a few months back. He stated that Lego decided to discontinue both the pharrohs and Alien conquest based on not enough intrest. They have all the alien conquest sets marked down as of today. (at least at this store)

I spoke to a Lego rep refacing the LEGO isle in Walmart a few months back. He stated that Lego decided to discontinue both the pharrohs and Alien conquest based on not enough intrest.

They have all the alien conquest sets marked down as of today. (at least at this store)

Pharaoh's Quest was another theme I liked, along with Alien Conquest. I wish Lego would keep producing them all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is by far one of the nicest series I've seen in a while and disappointed if it's not being continued. The Jetcopter looked kind of lame but the alien ships and large command center thing looked really cool. This would be a good series to army build with...the tripod invaders, aliens ships, figures.... and set-up a massive invasion...maybe even cross over into some scenes with 80's and 90's space guys. We bought the alien conquest large mobile command center set for the neighbor kid for christmas and he loved it and wrote us a letter thanking us. Honestly was one of the pieces that brought me back into collecting. Personally, I'm not into the commercialized sets like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, and like the Lego creations better. Looking forward to the Monster sets.

This is by far one of the nicest series I've seen in a while and disappointed if it's not being continued. The Jetcopter looked kind of lame but the alien ships and large command center thing looked really cool. This would be a good series to army build with...the tripod invaders, aliens ships, figures.... and set-up a massive invasion...maybe even cross over into some scenes with 80's and 90's space guys.

We bought the alien conquest large mobile command center set for the neighbor kid for christmas and he loved it and wrote us a letter thanking us. Honestly was one of the pieces that brought me back into collecting. Personally, I'm not into the commercialized sets like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, and like the Lego creations better.

Looking forward to the Monster sets.

I agree with you. I love the Alien Conquest theme. I am also a big fan of Space Police and the Atlantis themes. I like the simplicity of these types of sets. It takes me back to my childhood memories of the old Space and Castle themes from the 70s and early 80s.

• 2 months later...

Saw a lot of these on clearance at Wal-Mart the other day. Still considering whether to pick them up or not.

Depends on the cost of the sets. You will not get rich off of the Alien Conquest sets, but if bought at the right price, they might appreciate to acceptable levels to make a profit.

What % is the "Right price" for retail for this set? I mean it obviously varies from set to set, as I understand that some sets its more acceptable to buy for a lesser percentage. I hate to be the guy who asks so many questions, but i'm just educating myself. Brickpicker has been awesome so far, it's just kind of scary to take the plunge without having as much info as I can.

What % is the "Right price" for retail for this set? I mean it obviously varies from set to set, as I understand that some sets its more acceptable to buy for a lesser percentage. I hate to be the guy who asks so many questions, but i'm just educating myself. Brickpicker has been awesome so far, it's just kind of scary to take the plunge without having as much info as I can.

I would say the maximum I would pay for a theme like Alien Conquest is 33% off the MSRP/retail price.

• 7 months later...

I know Alien Conquest is long retired and hasn't done all that well in the secondary market, but I figured I'd mention I just came across nearly the entire collection in a Mom and Pops toy store. It was all MSRP so not the greatest idea for investing, but I may go back and grab a couple of the sets for personal use. This theme is pretty cool if you are into the old sci-fi stuff. Wish it would've done better.