70620 - Ninjago City

Migration

They have showed modulars that are going into retirement.
This obviously pairs with Ninjago City.  My point was, they want people to see it with the city.  I'm not sure which set that is between the two.  It is not the Docks though unless they mocked it into a building rather than a dock.  
Does anyone know which set is between the city and garden?

I’m pretty sure it’s the back side of the Docks. I recognize that white building with the wheel for the window.
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 3:27 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If we want it to happen; it'll never happen 

Also this pic below is epic fail...the Docks need to be at the end since the two 4 story sets naturally should be together....I mean isn't that the point?

I don't know, ask Lego as it is their official pics up now.  

I doubt it’s coming back. How many true reissues have we had? Four or five?

I’d love for this to come back, just because I missed out. It’s a white whale now. I love this set, but it was my own hubris of “it’ll go on sale” or “I’ll still be able to get this” that kept me from picking any up.

But I’m in the once it’s retired it should stay that way camp. Especially for those of us here. So poor me but oh well.

18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I doubt it’s coming back. How many true reissues have we had? Four or five?

I’d love for this to come back, just because I missed out. It’s a white whale now. I love this set, but it was my own hubris of “it’ll go on sale” or “I’ll still be able to get this” that kept me from picking any up.

But I’m in the once it’s retired it should stay that way camp. Especially for those of us here. So poor me but oh well.

4shure; it's better for investors and resellers if there was never a re-release. PERIOD

I see a "path" for LEGO re-releasing Ninjago City. It's obviously gotten unprecedented acclaim...and with the new Ninjago Legacy logo, celebrating 10 year anniversary and all that, it could be re-released under this new logo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pondering whether to buy Ninjago City and City Docks NISB for $900. Local deal so no shipping or tax.

Boxes are in good condition (a dented corner and some wear).

I'm leaning NO, since I find myself "chasing" relatively recently retired sets that are likely near their ceiling...also there is the risk of a re-release.

I already have a used City and I am definitely looking for a used DOcks as well...but I don't break seals so these would be purely investment for resell later...which gets me thinking of what kind of resell scenario it will be.  Let's say these appreciate another 30%...just finding a buyer at that price point is tough  and full of risks and forget about Ebay.  

I guess I've talked myself out of it.

thanks for listening 

• Like 3

Pondering whether to buy Ninjago City and City Docks NISB for $900. Local deal so no shipping or tax.
I'm leaning NO, since I find myself "chasing" relatively recently retired sets that are likely near their ceiling...also there is the risk of a re-release.
I already have a used City and I am definitely looking for a used DOcks as well...but I don't break seals so these would be purely investment for resell later...which gets me thinking of what kind of resell scenario it will be.  Let's say these appreciate another 30%...just finding a buyer at that price point is tough  and full of risks and forget about Ebay.  
thanks for listening 
Sometimes you just need to break a seal and build something. I had a lone town hall sitting around for a couple of years after retirement and could not find a reasonably priced used one so I just built it. Anyone selling Lego makes enough to lose out on one sale's profit and happiness can't be bought.
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Let's say these appreciate another 30%...just finding a buyer at that price point is tough  and full of risks and forget about Ebay.  

Is eBay really so risky for high value sales? I've sold a Green Grocer for the equivalent of over $1000 without incident. Admittedly, that's an n=1 anecdote, but not every buyer on eBay is a scammer.

9 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Is eBay really so risky for high value sales? I've sold a Green Grocer for the equivalent of over $1000 without incident. Admittedly, that's an n=1 anecdote, but not every buyer on eBay is a scammer.

I have sold quite a few of high value sets on eBay as well over the years and haven’t had an issue yet either. Obviously, every time I do my level of worry is a little higher than for the cheaper sets, but that’s just part of the whole thing.

Like you said, I am a super small sample out of the whole universe but more often than not buyers are not scammers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

It's not that risky. It's not hard to screen out the scammers if your careful. I have had more on amz than ebay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redghostx said:
4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
thanks for listening 

Sometimes you just need to break a seal and build something. I had a lone town hall sitting around for a couple of years after retirement and could not find a reasonably priced used one so I just built it. Anyone selling Lego makes enough to lose out on one sale's profit and happiness can't be bought.

It's good to receive damaged sets from time to time. I get some credit from the retailer then proceed to convince myself that it's going to be hard to sell damaged sets. You can then officially pop the seals and build it. 😁

• 4 weeks later...