70620 - Ninjago City

17 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

And guess what my last purchase was?

The Angry Bird's Castle?????

Ooh, no, wait, a Joker's Steamroller off Terry?

Edited by Sprocket77
  • Like 2

I really like it but I feel it's overpriced. You could buy two modulars for €300. It feels like they're trying to bump up the piece count with hundreds of tiny pieces. I'm hoping to see it at 30% off somewhere before I'd bite, like Smyths had with Airjitzu thingy. Lovely set though and very unique.

I really do like the looks of this set! There looks to be lots of creative build techniques! 

My kids really want this set, but the wife has already put dibs on it for the modular cabinet....

• Like 1

The first review is up.

Few interesting things despite the fact that it's absolutely beautiful!
It's a third largest LEGO construction in history.
Many many new pieces in new color, some of them are extremely rare.
The Bricklink Value Per Piece may quadruple the RPP price.

Not a huge fan of Ninjago theme and movie, albeit the mixture of far Asian steam punk style with futuristic "total recall" resemblance makes it a no brainer to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have never paid any attention to Ninjago before but the movie looks really good and this for me is a must buy, first day I think,  looks like a great build.

On the sticker sheet, I just noticed the coming soon movie poster for Galidor. Also the one all the way over to the left feels like a reference to "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms".
Beast_from_20,000_Fathoms_poster.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got around to starting this last night. Did bags 1&2, no stickers yet, KAI and  KONRAD figs with his fishing boat. A couple of elements in new colors to me they may be in some mixels or friends sets that I haven't built and one new element that is covered. Took me longer then expected because I had to line up all the imprints on the translucent light blue elements but looks nice. Plan on bags 3& 4 tonight. 

IMG_5325.JPG

• Like 8

Level 1 "The Old World" bags 1-6 completed. It has 2 removable modules and is mostly flat colors to give it that rustic look. Lego still can not produce dark brown in an instruction manual properly so that you can easily discern what element needs to be used. 

IMG_4702.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

• Like 9