70620 - Ninjago City

Migration

11 minutes ago, kumas said:

where do you hope to get those discounts ? I guess this wont be available in Walmart and such, more than 20% would be exception

btw a bit less expensive here - 266 €

Given the cost of the set, I'm not sure who would carry it locally.  Maybe Barnes & Noble/Toys are R in the states.  Retail wise, everyone will have this on their sites.  It's not exclusive to Lego.  It'll also very likely be marked "Lego Hard to Find" given it's size which removes a lot of coupon/discount possibilities.

Edited by Klownicle

I will first off say this is an amazing set.  All the details and creative ways they used parts is really incredible.  That said, not buying it.  It's just not for me and I don't care for Ninjago.  Like someone else said, you would have to think the part out value for this set will be phenomenal with all the accessories and diversity in colors.

36 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

I'm sure there will be some mud slinging my way with what I'm about to say, but I'm going to anyways.  I understand that for some of you with Ninjago, it seems you guys tend to avoid it for investing purposes.  With that said, for those that are planning on buying it, my goodness, I've seen cheap, and then you guys are taking the cake with this.  For some sets like the death star remake, I can completely understand waiting for discounts because even I think it's a rip off for $500.  But this set has almost 5000 pieces for only $300.  No matter your view on price per piece, but that is such a ridiculously good deal, especially with 16 minifigs....

It´s good value as stands, except in Holland. That doesn´t stop some of us waiting for further discounts, as it is a buyer´s market and this is no NASA Apollo in terms of demand.

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned, it could be called Retardo or Space Turd or Attack on Hoth, I would buy it as long as it matches my taste and makes sense on a standalone basis. I don't get this whole mumbo jumbo regarding the decision to buy this set for personal purposes being based on one being a Ninjago collector or not. I still don't care about regular Ninjago sets, but I will pick this one up.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, inversion said:

As far as I am concerned, it could be called Retardo or Space Turd or Attack on Hoth, I would buy it as long as it matches my taste and makes sense on a standalone basis. I don't get this whole mumbo jumbo regarding the decision to buy this set for personal purposes being based on one being a Ninjago collector or not. I still don't care about regular Ninjago sets, but I will pick this one up.

I've never seen a second of footage from the show or had any desire to purchase a single Ninjago set until TOA.  The main reason I bought it, was because of the architectural design of it and being such a nice looking set.  Same with this set, and the Destiny's Bounty.  Both look fantastic and I will buy those sets when I catch up on the backlog of sets I have yet to purchase.

• Like 5