70620 - Ninjago City

Migration

Nice set! And if it's only 300 for almost 5,000 pieces that is really good value.

I agree with previous comments I was expecting a big TOA type set. (That's what I wanted) I only own TOA from the series but I'm not going to lie these movie sets look real good and may have to start buying the nice sets.

Trying to keep it SW and Marvel only (for wallet sake) but the ship and some of the other sets are gold. This may make more ninjago fans. That's one of the reason I bought a good amount of ninjago sets at that closing Kmart I could see the theme taking off by the end of the year.

Wow. Sort of reminds me of Kowloon walled city in Hong Kong. Almost looks like a fantasy version of that.

26-photos-of-hong-kongs-chaotic-kowloon-walled-city-once-the-most-crowded-place-on-earth.jpg

It sort of looks like a mess from a distance, but once you look at the close ups there's just so many clever details and awesome parts.

I don't think anyone was expecting this.

Performance wise I'm afraid it might end up as an Airjitzu Temple 2.0, given the price point.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, inversion said:

As far as I am concerned, it could be called Retardo or Space Turd or Attack on Hoth, I would buy it as long as it matches my taste and makes sense on a standalone basis. I don't get this whole mumbo jumbo regarding the decision to buy this set for personal purposes being based on one being a Ninjago collector or not. I still don't care about regular Ninjago sets, but I will pick this one up.

Pure brand snobbery. For investors, it´s clear there is no reason ti rush out and buy them at full RRP, especially for those of us who have Chima/Ninjago/Nexo PTSD.

For someone who wants one for themselves, it probably also makes sense to wait, but that´s not how may work - they see, they want, they buy.

12 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

This set transcends the Ninjago theme like the HH transcends the Monster Fighter theme

Ninjago City

On 8/7/2015 at 7:26 PM, lobo1969 said:

Wow, this is a beautifully done set. It may fly under the radar for AFOLs because its Ninjago but it has modular scale implications. Impressive display, details, and 'curb appeal'. I see parallels to this set and how the  HH was reacted to being ONLY a Monster Fighters offshoot.

Temple of Airjitzu!

The big Destiny´s Bounty is also a remarkable set but 3 transcedent sets maybe dilutes the effect whereas MM only had that one special set.

14 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

This set transcends the Ninjago theme like the HH transcends the Monster Fighter theme

Yep, couldn't agree more.  Ninjago obviously has been around longer than Monster Fighters ever was but this and the Bounty puts Ninjago on the map.  The ship even fits well with a Pirate theme if your thinking of "At World's End". Lol  I cannot wait to pick up both.  

Wow, this is fecking awesome. I thought the Temple of Airjitsu looked great, but wow.

For all the complaints about Lego designers, they've really stepped up this year with their own movie property sets. The Lego Batman movie had a wide range of great vehicles and this is just fantastic. I've never seen the Ninjago tv series, but now I kinda want to.

Lego designers, this is for you

new-awesome-gifs-666[1].gif

• Like 4