70618 - Destiny's Bounty

HandyHand

10 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I think it might hit that around Black Friday. Hits upon the issues with TLG's current pricing strategy. This set, to me, is worth £109.99. However, I know that it will be substantially discounted, so I won't pay the RRP for it. Even when it went to £75, I didn't buy, as it will go even lower.

One thing to take into account is Lego may raise the UK price on 1st January.

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

One thing to take into account is Lego may raise the UK price on 1st January.

A bad move as it’s only 1 of 2 sets that are worth the £109.99 RRP. If they do, what else will go up in price? Misfortune favours the greedy ;-)

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

A bad move as it’s only 1 of 2 sets that are worth the £109.99 RRP. If they do, what else will go up in price? Misfortune favours the greedy ;-)

Assembly Square, GBHQ and Big Ben are also very good value in GBP. They may do a block 5% increase like last year, although the pound is actually up on last year now.

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
47 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Assembly Square, GBHQ and Big Ben are also very good value in GBP. They may do a block 5% increase like last year, although the pound is actually up on last year now.

I think GBHQ will be the biggest turkey to date as the 21108 Ecto1 has yet to recover RRP after fees. Everybody loves London (except me) so Big Ben could be huge if it has the same production cycle as the Sydney Opera House. As for Assembly Square... not too sure, but don't build your hopes up after the Pet Shop failure. So far, I've avoided all sets that have gone up in RRP and intent to continue. Blaming Brexit is pathetic as it's still at least 2 years away and may still not happen. The EU may be dead by then.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think GBHQ will be the biggest turkey to date as the 21108 Ecto1 has yet to recover RRP after fees. Everybody loves London (except me) so Big Ben could be huge if it has the same production cycle as the Sydney Opera House. As for Assembly Square... not too sure, but don't build your hopes up after the Pet Shop failure. So far, I've avoided all sets that have gone up in RRP and intent to continue. Blaming Brexit is pathetic as it's still at least 2 years away and may still not happen. The EU may be dead by then.

Depends on when it retires and your buy-in. The people who snared one for 70% off last week won´t lose money.

• 3 months later...

Never ceases to amaze me the number of talented builders that are out there in the community, whether it be with MOCs or as with the DB and some recent modulars, where two sets have been used to create a bigger and better version of the original.  As well as the DB, there have been recent enlarged versions of Parisian Restaurant, Brick Bank and the Palace Cinema.

af7a333107281f9d209511f9a96e668e.pngac5800a391a7da9941af8fee198877a8.pngce189aa21dcec66f8e33c26aad358876.png

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Gary81 said:

This is brilliant. This has got to be one of the biggest and best value models ever for £150 to £160 odd quid?! Bonkers!

Move over Imperial Flagship, Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge, we have a new kid in town!

7 hours ago, Haay said:

This is pretty cool! Someone combined two Destiny's Bounty sets to create a bigger ship:

In the description of the video:

Two combination sets of Lego the Ninjago movie set 70618 Destiny's Bounty is now here. All parts is used only from the 2 sets of 70618 except custom sails and non-Lego string. The length is double with more rooms and space. Training room was moved to lower deck and Master Woo room was moved to second deck. opposite to toilet, It is space for cargo.

now I know what I can do with my 2 DB sets...

5 minutes ago, Ciaraf76 said:

I've just bought two from Amazon - down to £74.99.  I'm going to give this a go!

That's a great price indeed for this gorgeous LEGO ship. Got the notification for this price reduction while commuting to work this morning and ordered another one straight away. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Ciaraf76 said:

I had got one last year for cheaper for a personal build but my son asked Santa for it so the wife said I had to hand it over!  Happy enough with 32% off to be honest.

Yeah, I'd love one for personal build but can't afford personal builds right now. It'll be great for investment later on I think.

• Like 1

Don´t kid yourself too much - it will be hoarded to death by everyone plundering Amazon UK (note instant OOS on every price drop so far).

I am not sure how many people will want to pay RRP or more for it down the line against the number of hoarded sets. Here, it is not selling well, even at discount.

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Reminds me of any other set.  Always available at discount during its life and now over a year after retirement it’s struggling to get over RRP.

Fixed it for you.

Main problem will be availability. If it had been a D2c, you would never have got it so cheap but there would be less around. It will be interesting to compare how it fares against Ninjago City.

Guest TabbyBoy
48 minutes ago, Gary81 said:

Gone - missed this price by seconds, they were in my basket and went to pay before the message of doom..

That will come back at some point, plenty of time.

I missed at it wouldn't let me order another 2 ;-(

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Don´t kid yourself too much - it will be hoarded to death by everyone plundering Amazon UK (note instant OOS on every price drop so far).

I am not sure how many people will want to pay RRP or more for it down the line against the number of hoarded sets. Here, it is not selling well, even at discount.

It can't be hoarded from Amazon, they have strict buying limits and will ban you in an instant.