70618 - Destiny's Bounty

HandyHand

34 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, I think some people are over-estimating future demand and will be disappointed. Unless they are happy pocketing 5 pounds after fees or want to part out.

The disparity between UK and EU RRPs is large enough that I cannot possibly conceive of this set being a dud for UK buyers, provided it is bought at a discount. I'm more than happy using GSP on eBay.

The only question is when to stock up. 

1 minute ago, Captain_chaos said:

The disparity between UK and EU RRPs is large enough that I cannot possibly conceive of this set being a dud for UK buyers, provided it is bought at a discount. I'm more than happy using GSP on eBay.

The only question is when to stock up. 

Any time until November for the prudent. Any time after that for the brave. Who knows how the exchange rate will go in the future and it is a big box to ship interationally.  We´ve been getting them for 90-120 euros in Eurozone so it´s going to be tight once you add transport costs.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Silent Mary V Bounty Head to Head? Which wins on resale?

Bounty will surely be hoarded more. Bounty has great reviews, Mary's are mixed at best. Mary difficult to get at a discount so far, bounty widely discounted in the US via wm clearance. 

I love DB obviously. I don't trust SM much. Could be another large set that sits at rrp long after retirement. If it gets cleared at 50% off like DB recently that's another story but at current prices I'm not touching it. 

15 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Lego only puts out a really nice ship once every few years. The last great one was QAR and that was 6 years ago. This set will be appreciated and sought after long after it's gone. I'm in it for the long haul. 

IMG_4537.jpg

Posts / pictures like this illustrate my point perfectly. That’s why I’m holding off and watching. There’s no rush here, and that is a lot of space taken up for what could be several years...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Bounty will surely be hoarded more. Bounty has great reviews, Mary's are mixed at best. Mary difficult to get at a discount so far, bounty widely discounted in the US via wm clearance. 

I love DB obviously. I don't trust SM much. Could be another large set that sits at rrp long after retirement. If it gets cleared at 50% off like DB recently that's another story but at current prices I'm not touching it. 

I agree. SM has scarcity as its main weapon.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

I think the Pirates of the Caribbean theme's flag has sailed, ship looks average too. I think it's all about Rockets rather than boats.

I think you will see a lot of rockets, Porsches, Bounties, Parisian Restaurants and BWE´s being hoarded to very little effect as the money is nearl always in what the horde overlooks. The hard part is knowing the overlooked sets that will do well!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Any time until November for the prudent. Any time after that for the brave. Who knows how the exchange rate will go in the future and it is a big box to ship interationally.  We´ve been getting them for 90-120 euros in Eurozone so it´s going to be tight once you add transport costs.

For the Brits thinking to sell to customers on mainland Europe ... keep in mind that after 29 March 2019 (Brexit date) the UK is outside the Schengen common market, which means customers will have to pay additional import / customs taxes. 

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I think you will see a lot of rockets, Porsches, Bounties, Parisian Restaurants and BWE´s being hoarded to very little effect as the money is nearl always in what the horde overlooks. The hard part is knowing the overlooked sets that will do well!

Yeah I'm starting to see that at the moment. Kwik E Marts are selling about 1 a week just above and there's 30 of them listed with more around Christmas I expect too.

1 minute ago, richiej1979 said:

Yeah I'm starting to see that at the moment. Kwik E Marts are selling about 1 a week just above and there's 30 of them listed with more around Christmas I expect too.

The smart ones flipped their Simpsons sets during the window. I am not one of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

For the Brits thinking to sell to customers on mainland Europe ... keep in mind that after 29 March 2019 (Brexit date) the UK is outside the Schengen common market, which means customers will have to pay additional import / customs taxes. 

The UK has never been in the Schengen agreement (no borders for people).

For freedom of goods, let´s see but I think they will have a free trade agreement in place.

Will be interesting to see how Ebay and Amazon sort themselves out if they don´t!

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Still in stock at Amazon Uk and DE, despite deep discounts. Interesting.

It's still in stock because those that already ordered (eg. me) aren't allowed to buy any more. I'd have have wiped them out by now ;-)

On 02/02/2018 at 12:30 PM, Shewie said:

That Green Grocer tho. 1f622.png1f622.png1f622.png
I wish I could have one for reasonable price to build :(

Just wait for the rerelease.