70618 - Destiny's Bounty

HandyHand

2 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Must be a Europe thing. DB is RRP everywhere I’ve looked in the states. Why would anybody buy such a huge set at RRP?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Hasn´t stopepd them with Saturn V or the UCS Falcon but I know what you mean. Being available in all outlets, there is no reason to pay full sticker price. I think 79 USD was the lowest recorded price so far without using magic or trickery but I guess @exciter1 will have a few pre -reserved for 2021 Walmart clearance at 3 cents each.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Has anyone on here who buys sets for investment NOT bought into this one yet?

I have none for investment, leaving it to the horde. I will only bite towards the end of the year at 45% off or more. I can see 100's of these on the first £1 fvf promo of 2019, not exactly going to help appreciation IMO.

I have 1 built and one for 45%  our RRP,  which is 185 euros! Ninjago is hard to sell here apart from one or two very specific sets so I am happy with that number for now. I agree that this set has been on horde radar since day one and it will make sense to wait until EOL and possible clearance before going deeper.

That the Germans love Ninjago yet can´t have it sell out at 95 euros says a lot.

• Like 1

Received my ordered DB from Amazon UK yesterday. And thankfully in perfect condition! :)  Sealcode was, if I remember correctly (not at home right now): 03S18.

Funny thing is ... I had ordered it, received a shipping email from Amazon, then the next day an apology email came from Amazon stating something was wrong with the shipping and it got returned. A colleague who had ordered it as well had the exact same thing happen to him. But someone on a Dutch forum who had ordered it on the same day as me did receive his order last Saturday and complained the box looked like a truck had run over it, and he was contacting Amazon CS about it. Glad my resent shipment arrived without a scratch. :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Has anyone on here who buys sets for investment NOT bought into this one yet?

I love the look of the set but seems to be massively hoarded and i havent the storage space to hold too much for years. 

Want one for personal display

Edited by Graphicski

3 hours ago, calmdahn said:

Must be a Europe thing. DB is RRP everywhere I’ve looked in the states. Why would anybody buy such a huge set at RRP?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I've been wondering and seeing the same thing.  Even after driving cross-country and stopping at random Walmarts, not a single sale on this set.

I think it's a beautiful build, but I'm not going to pay RRP for it with the hopes of it going up.  Then again, I'm just a small fry as this is just a hobby for me.

3 hours ago, Haay said:

Received my ordered DB from Amazon UK yesterday. And thankfully in perfect condition! :)  Sealcode was, if I remember correctly (not at home right now): 03S18.

Funny thing is ... I had ordered it, received a shipping email from Amazon, then the next day an apology email came from Amazon stating something was wrong with the shipping and it got returned. A colleague who had ordered it as well had the exact same thing happen to him. But someone on a Dutch forum who had ordered it on the same day as me did receive his order last Saturday and complained the box looked like a truck had run over it, and he was contacting Amazon CS about it. Glad my resent shipment arrived without a scratch. :P 

Lucky you.. I had to return the first one that came in because it was seriously battered all over. But the 2nd one (replacement) was perfect.. its always like a "Russian roullette" with Amazons.. 

13 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I've been wondering and seeing the same thing.  Even after driving cross-country and stopping at random Walmarts, not a single sale on this set.

I think it's a beautiful build, but I'm not going to pay RRP for it with the hopes of it going up.  Then again, I'm just a small fry as this is just a hobby for me.

I wouldnt feel that bad.. yours RRP in US is 160 USD.. if I take into account current exchange rate than ours in Czech Rep / Europe is right now 239 USD and in Germany it comes to 209 USD .. so still. you win :)

19 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I wouldnt feel that bad.. yours RRP in US is 160 USD.. if I take into account current exchange rate than ours in Czech Rep / Europe is right now 239 USD and in Germany it comes to 209 USD .. so still. you win :)

It's not really that bad though. Dutch RRP is €169,99. That's including 21% BTW (VAT). The US RRP is $159.99 excluding sales tax.

So to compare apples with apples, we should deduct BTW from the Dutch price and then convert it to US$.

Dutch RRP excluding VAT is €140.49. According to Google €140.49 = US$ 171.97.

5a7c2756d39e8_EurovsUS.png.c236d8b83d1ca4ccc1d69ac84f489687.png

So the Dutch price of $ 171.97 is higher than the US price of $ 159.99 but the difference is not that dramatic.

We are terribly lucky though that the RRP of Destiny's Bounty is set significantly lower in the UK, so we can get it through Amazon UK much cheaper than at home. ;) 

• Like 1

After my previous comments about this likely being available even cheaper, I picked another one up today from TRU in store. £79.99, £10 off for spending over £50, and a £5 voucher from taking out a gold card. The box, unusually for TRU, is perfect.

£64.99 is close enough to half price for me ??

Edited by Gary81
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gary81 said:

After my previous comments about this likely being available even cheaper, I picked another one up today from TRU in store. £79.99, £10 off for spending over £50, and a £5 voucher from taking out a gold card. The box, unusually for TRU, is perfect.

£64.99 is close enough to half price for me 1f44d-1f3fc.png

Nice work, that did involve leaving the house though and time is money and all that :D