70618 - Destiny's Bounty

HandyHand

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, Haay said:

This is pretty cool! Someone combined two Destiny's Bounty sets to create a bigger ship:

In the description of the video:

Two combination sets of Lego the Ninjago movie set 70618 Destiny's Bounty is now here. All parts is used only from the 2 sets of 70618 except custom sails and non-Lego string. The length is double with more rooms and space. Training room was moved to lower deck and Master Woo room was moved to second deck. opposite to toilet, It is space for cargo.

Did anyone find downloadable instructions for this?

• Like 1

My "Like new - Open Box" set came in the mail from Blinq and I was able to go through it today to confirm that everything was present. The "open box" aspect must have been the dime-sized indent in the front of the box that didn't even punch through because there really wasn't anything else wrong with it. Seals were all intact, and after opening the box to confirm the number of bags and to check to see if anything was opened, it appears that I managed to get ahold of a new set for $104, which I am super pleased with because even though many people around here managed to get these for $79 last month, all of these disappeared from the Walmarts around me for between full price and $124. I hope to get another one from Target when they start discounting them or maybe get lucky with someone on a local site who sells one cheaply. 

My "Like new - Open Box" set came in the mail from Blinq and I was able to go through it today to confirm that everything was present. The "open box" aspect must have been the dime-sized indent in the front of the box that didn't even punch through because there really wasn't anything else wrong with it. Seals were all intact, and after opening the box to confirm the number of bags and to check to see if anything was opened, it appears that I managed to get ahold of a new set for $104, which I am super pleased with because even though many people around here managed to get these for $79 last month, all of these disappeared from the Walmarts around me for between full price and $124. I hope to get another one from Target when they start discounting them or maybe get lucky with someone on a local site who sells one cheaply. 

I got a few things from Blinq and some of them had, get this, Target clearance stickers! LOLOL. taking a chance on a couple other things tonight. Will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• 6 months later...

I just purchased 4 more of these at 45% off, as I sold my last 2 at RRP last month. Pretty tough deciding how much to gamble on this one, as I personally love it, but hate ninjago. I'm hoping it will become the next Haunted House, where the theme has a single standout set that fits into any collection. 

Personally I modified mine to have a single dragon head, and I love it!

22366656_1689424081092200_4998155945612644742_n.jpg

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

It’s the 2nd best value ship that LEGO have ever released after the Imperial Flagship. It may even reach RRP within 6 months of EOL, it really is THAT good! 1.5x RRP max as sooooo many are out there.

47 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

If you’re passing on Ninjago for resale because you hate the theme then you’re missing out on great returns. Especially if you’re buying at 45% off.

Really?

What sets have shown good returns? Almost all the Ninjago I've ever purchased I've struggled to sell even at ~20% off. I might be in a pretty different market to you though. 
I recently turned down the Ninjago City docks at 35% off as I just can't see it being in demand in a few years.

Good point TabbyBoy... I'd be happy with 1.5x!

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, MrSam said:

I just purchased 4 more of these at 45% off, as I sold my last 2 at RRP last month. Pretty tough deciding how much to gamble on this one, as I personally love it, but hate ninjago. I'm hoping it will become the next Haunted House, where the theme has a single standout set that fits into any collection. 

Personally I modified mine to have a single dragon head, and I love it!

Buy two and build this. Disregard my crappy first attempt sails.

DA1000D0-E656-45A8-8C68-CDE69F4BC6AE.png

• Like 9

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...