Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 2018

jaisonline

The teaser poster and film title were release.

We should be hearing about Lego sets soon enough.  For the 2015's film, Lego had the sets on display during that year's NY Toy Fair (released that May)  I would expect the same treatment next year.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is set to hit theaters June 22, 2018. Jeff Goldblum is returning to the franchise as "Chaos Theory" mathematician, Dr. Ian Malcolm.

https://usat.ly/2tSOlGI

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-2-title-poster/

IMG_0534.JPG

Just a minor FYI for the film staff, it should read ,

"Life, uh, finds a way" on the poster.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

Not yet.  Mattel is taking over the action figure line from Hasbro. 

I think it's a good bet Lego stays around with JW since round 1 seemed to be successful. 

Mattel was granted the master toy license, but I don't know if that includes building/construction toys.  If it does I'm sure they plan on making Mega Bloks/Construx sets and wouldn't want LEGO competing with them.  Perhaps it's a separate license though.

2 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Mattel was granted the master toy license, but I don't know if that includes building/construction toys.  If it does I'm sure they plan on making Mega Bloks/Construx sets and wouldn't want LEGO competing with them.  Perhaps it's a separate license though.

Not sure. Lego was selected despite Hasbro's owning Kreo for the first film. Who knows... 

If Mattel also gets the building block license, that's more money saved in my pocket since my kids probably won't ask for it (since that brand isn't marketed well).  Lego markets pretty much every them well on TV, print and internet,

• Like 2

Sets like this and their Despicable Me sets leads me to think Mega Construx might give Lego a run for its money... of course that is if they have figure out their quality control to ensure all pieces are in the box. Since Mattel owns the Mega brand... it will be interesting to see who will get the license to do the construction toys category.

Edited by tacsniper

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, John82 said:

5 sets confirmed for 2018, if the Harry Potter rumour is true then it looks like we have a couple of solid themes next year.

5 proper lego, 3 Juniors and 2 Duplo. Maybe a large exclusive too. Seems they are going to milk this one so maybe this Xmas is a good time to sell the previous sets.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm looking forward to some decent themes to ease the boredom of Nexo and "same-old-same-old-same-old-SHlTTY-CITY" sets. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and will definitely buy the entire theme if I can as I missed out before. I just hope there's enough interest still as it's been years since the last movie.

Has JWFK been confirmed as a LEGO theme or is it pie-in-the-sky still?

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm looking forward to some decent themes to ease the boredom of Nexo and "same-old-same-old-same-old-SHlTTY-CITY" sets. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and will definitely buy the entire theme if I can as I missed out before. I just hope there's enough interest still as it's been years since the last movie.

Has JWFK been confirmed as a LEGO theme or is it pie-in-the-sky still?

Yes, it´s in the 2018 1hy  wholesale catalogue. No sign of Nexo sets so far, though so you might have 2 things to be happy about. Finally, there´s a City farm set albeit only a tractor. There´s also a 3in1 Creator camper van which can only mean the death of T1, right?

Edited by Val-E

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

5 proper lego, 3 Juniors and 2 Duplo. Maybe a large exclusive too. Seems they are going to milk this one so maybe this Xmas is a good time to sell the previous sets.

Yup, the T-Rex and Raptors have been confirmed to appear in the next movie.

So, I suspect one of the sets will be the indomiraptor or whatever it's called.  Looks like I should hold onto the JW theme that I invested in for a bit...  I will say the sets have skyrocketed up quite a bit lately, so they definitely have legs.  I just wonder if we will just get Blue, and Trex again, as I suspect they will recycle at least a few of the molds, and maybe produce a few new ones.  More than likely that will be the case, but hopefully there are a few more molds out of this.

I think the IR set will be safe, and probably be one of the more valuable sets as time goes on.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

So, I suspect one of the sets will be the indomiraptor or whatever it's called.  Looks like I should hold onto the JW theme that I invested in for a bit...  I will say the sets have skyrocketed up quite a bit lately, so they definitely have legs.  I just wonder if we will just get Blue, and Trex again, as I suspect they will recycle at least a few of the molds, and maybe produce a few new ones.  More than likely that will be the case, but hopefully there are a few more molds out of this.

I think the IR set will be safe, and probably be one of the more valuable sets as time goes on.

seeing all the new sets in the new catalog and how much money these are going for i've been unloading them all.  jw and scooby doo are the unquestionable winners in the last year.  The only set that might not be remade would be Irex.  pretty much a guarantee you will see another T-rex and raptor, pteranadon.  maybe another diplosaurus.   the demand for this theme is strong and you can sell through 4-5 Irex's in a day for $250 if you have the buy box.  pretty good return for the irex's i was topping off with in January from TRU for $91.  ended up with 30 at EOL.  down to 12.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hippielego said:

Damn dog, that's awesome.  That's the only 1 of that line I hesitated with because I personally thought it was dumb except for the dinosaur.  People think everything I like is dumb though so I should remember that.

next time, made your dumb list here, so we can go the opposite

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cladner said:

seeing all the new sets in the new catalog and how much money these are going for i've been unloading them all.  jw and scooby doo are the unquestionable winners in the last year.  The only set that might not be remade would be Irex.  pretty much a guarantee you will see another T-rex and raptor, pteranadon.  maybe another diplosaurus.   the demand for this theme is strong and you can sell through 4-5 Irex's in a day for $250 if you have the buy box.  pretty good return for the irex's i was topping off with in January from TRU for $91.  ended up with 30 at EOL.  down to 12.

I've been selling down as well, but I'm at that happy medium point where I've now made my money back and the rest is all gravy money.

i wouldn't be shocked to see Trex and a raptor set, but I think the rest will be new molds.  So I'm going to assume 3 of the 5 will be new molds with an indomiraptor being one such set.

21 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I've been selling down as well, but I'm at that happy medium point where I've now made my money back and the rest is all gravy money.

i wouldn't be shocked to see Trex and a raptor set, but I think the rest will be new molds.  So I'm going to assume 3 of the 5 will be new molds with an indomiraptor being one such set.

Just curious RE $250 by Xmas?

• Like 2

On 6/27/2017 at 1:20 AM, tacsniper said:

Sets like this and their Despicable Me sets leads me to think Mega Construx might give Lego a run for its money... of course that is if they have figure out their quality control to ensure all pieces are in the box. Since Mattel owns the Mega brand... it will be interesting to see who will get the license to do the construction toys category.

Their Call of Duty line is pretty nice too. They're also starting to come out with figure packs from other licensed lines such as Alien now.