Visiting Quebec and Montreal

TANV

Bonjour, Canadians!  I didn't know where to put this but this seemed to be the  Canada thread.  I'm visiting Quebec and Montreal next week for the first time.  Furthermore, it's actually my first time in Canada as well!

Any worthy LEGO hunting locations in both the cities? I'll be staying inside the city so I wanted to experience them as well as pick up some souvenirs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TANV said:

Bonjour, Canadians!  I didn't know where to put this but this seemed to be the  Canada thread.  I'm visiting Quebec and Montreal next week for the first time.  Furthermore, it's actually my first time in Canada as well!

Any worthy LEGO hunting locations in both the cities? I'll be staying inside the city so I wanted to experience them as well as pick up some souvenirs.

Not my neck of the woods, but great places to visit. There are a few BPers from those parts .. I'm sure they'll chime in to keep your paws off our discounted LEGO, you get enough clearance south of the border. ;)

2 hours ago, TANV said:

I can't speak of any deals but enjoy the sightseeing.  Since you are coming for the first time, it is normal to hear Sorry a lot.

Edited by lego rules
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, lego rules said:

... Since you are coming for the first time, it is normal to hear Sorry a lot.

Yea... sorry about that.

There's are a couple of Lego (brand) stores in/around Montreal. Point Claire is the better of the two, very friendly staff that goes out of their way to talk & help you out, the other one is Laval (15 minutes away) - it's abit messier and grumpy.  There's few "deals" thou and the pab wall is kinda sparce & doesn't change very often.

Taxes are high in Qc at 14.975%

1 hour ago, TANV said:

I have heard of this concept of Canadian apologizing...

Funny story about that.  In a court case the plaintiff's lawyer asked the defendant on the stand, if you stopped your vehicle because an animal ran out on the road and suddenly choose to stop which caused my client to hit you.  Why did you say sorry?  You are admitting you are at fault.   Without skipping a beat the defendant says, this is Canada,  I say sorry all the time.  Court laughed, lawyer said no more questions.