Where do you build??

davesonmaui

I have a card table in the basement that serves as my build area.  It's not huge and sometimes gets cramped but the covering on the table keeps stuff from sliding around and is a good height from the chair so that it doesn't get uncomfortable.  This table also serves as my amazing photography studio made famous on ebay.  

Used to just build on the floor but then got 2 baby Chihuahuas and all that stopped.  Now have a mirrored tray on the ottoman that I attempt to build on.  Assume I'll need to try a toilet next and see if it is more accommodating.  They are not as innocent as they look.  The brown one may or may not have been caught carrying Tinkerbell from 71040 across the living room...

22317.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

Used to just build on the floor but then got 2 baby Chihuahuas and all that stopped.  Now have a mirrored tray on the ottoman that I attempt to build on.  Assume I'll need to try a toilet next and see if it is more accommodating.  They are not as innocent as they look.  The brown one may or may not have been caught carrying Tinkerbell from 71040 across the living room...

I'm sure Tink deserved it.

• Like 1

Dining room table mostly, but I also had a table built at the CTC I work at by the students in the carpentry program. They put a nice formica top on it with edges all around it, even storage on the bottom.. They did great work.. If you near a local CTC( Career Technical Center/Vo-Tech ( Old name)), get in touch with the carpentry program.. I teach Welding and my kids love working on outside projects. The only thing we charge for is the material and small service fee. I'm sure the other schools run similar.   

I have one of those foldable 6 ft tables in th basement with a smooth cloth cover so thing stay in place. Plus everything is out of the wife's everyday line of sight hah!  

Question:  I regards to personal collections, but you flattened the boxes for storage or keep one sided sealed and not flattened?

• Like 2

On June 30, 2017 at 6:25 AM, Halfrig said:

Question:  I regards to personal collections, but you flattened the boxes for storage or keep one sided sealed and not flattened?

I personally flatten them to save storage.  (I don't see the point to keeping one side sealed if the other isn't - as it isn't technically a sealed box any longer.)

• Like 1