City 2018

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

But thats actually not the background info that I would be looking for.. I thought that after 3 yrs they could keep at least their RRP price after retirement.

Arctic theme is a classic example of lego investing. The plane and the little ski bike were winners, the boat is OK and the rest are turds so selling the whole range means amortising the cost of the turds against the winners. Much better just to have focused on the 3 decent sets but that plane was not so easy to find.

Now they will all take a hit as the new sets are very similar.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2018 at 9:53 PM, inversion said:

I will probably just bricklink the animals and buy the starter pack for the figs.

LEGO is playing the same game with City and Jurassic World now as with the Super Heroes theme: putting an exclusive animal into each larger set to sell all the stupid vehicles.

I wonder what would happen (hypothetically) if their marketing dpt gave away some (time limited) promo: buy the entire serie products - and get 35 % OFF!.. 

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Plus 12 people packs to have a realistic patient to doctor ratio.

Speaking of people pack, I thought this new people pack is pretty awesome compare to the beach one. A perfect set to go with with the Camper RV 60182.

LEGO City People Pack - Outdoor Adventures (60202)

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Yea, I’m a little disappointed, I really wanted it to be twice as big. Oh well, I guess we’ll have multiples.

and with all those multiples, you can finally get around to the helicopter tour company MOC you've been waiting to cross off your build bucket list.

i think the people pack with people rafting, racing bikes, climibing, cooking over propane tank and taking selfies while mountain climibing this is clearly meant to be paired with the hospital as the  Future Patient People Pack.

that red tent is awesome .

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2