40178 - LEGO VIP Promo

Gotta love the ability to stack promos. They never do this for me in-store...hence the reason I buy most of my stuff online instead of the Lego Store located only 15min away.

I put in a couple of orders this morning for my personal build collection. I'll sell all the promos locally and keep one of the VIP sets for myself.

I'll likely be able to sell Lloyds for $5, Cave Sets for $10, VIP sets for $20-25.

Edited by eliminator

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, tacsniper said:

I really feel this set deserves a box as oppose to be in a polybag.

I'm glad it's in a polybag as less complaints about a speck of dust or 1mm sized dent on the box. The mini T1 did very well being in a polybag ;-)

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Gotta love the ability to stack promos. They never do this for me in-store...hence the reason I buy most of my stuff online instead of the Lego Store located only 15min away.

I put in a couple of orders this morning for my personal build collection. I'll sell all the promos locally and keep one of the VIP sets for myself.

I'll likely be able to sell Lloyds for $5, Cave Sets for $10, VIP sets for $20-25.

I've sold a few Lloyds for 10-15$ surprisingly.

Really Lego? Is this a new thing that we in Europe also have to spend 125 euro (instead of 55 euro) to get this nice promo? Oh well, higher buy-in means probably more scarcity. But what to buy? I hope the 21309 Apollo will come back these couple of days.

Just now, JM123 said:

Really Lego? Is this a new thing that we in Europe also have to spend 125 euro (instead of 55 euro) to get this nice promo? Oh well, higher buy-in means probably more scarcity. But what to buy? I hope the 21309 Apollo will come back these couple of days.

Forget it, I bet that this promo will be over in 2 or 3 days...

3 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Forget it, I bet that this promo will be over in 2 or 3 days...

I also think so, perhaps it will show a performance like the 40139 - GB. Maybe I pick up the Old Fishing Store for personal build in a German Lego Store to get my hands on this promotion. I refuse to pay the Dutch Lego tax ;-) 

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, JM123 said:

If 21309 comes back, it'll be gone again within minutes. This is the most in demand set ever - PERIOD.

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

Without joking, must be a local browser problem, it is still there...

It worked when using PayPal. I tried Safari/Edge/Chrome/Dolphin and the same problem. LEGO Germany had no problem, just UK.

I have a feeling that 21309 is done.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Keepsake box no longer adds for me ......

I place one order (last night) and it was in my cart, then placed another order 30 minutes later and it was in my cart again, but with the red text "Out of Stock Free Item." Well, I don't expect to get that then!

1 hour ago, Sandwraith said:

I've sold a few Lloyds for 10-15$ surprisingly.

Surprisingly? Green Ninja (even Lloyd) has been a solid winner, generally.

Edited by minicoopers11

4 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Surprisingly? Green Ninja (even Lloyd) has been a solid winner, generally.

Surprising to me i suppose, i know very little about Ninjago, so that's good to know. I was about to just open the ones i had and add to minifig bin, but a quick ebay search told me he was worth selling :)

Finally picking up the UCS Snowspeeder for personal collection, so all these promos will help lessen the blow.

38 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

If 21309 comes back, it'll be gone again within minutes. This is the most in demand set ever - PERIOD.

It worked when using PayPal. I tried Safari/Edge/Chrome/Dolphin and the same problem. LEGO Germany had no problem, just UK.

I have a feeling that 21309 is done.

A friend of mine has still 2x 21309 on backorder, Lego sent the 2 sets by accident to a wrong adress in another country so they told him they will deliver it when the next production run is finished. He already paid for it. Of course, Lego can cancel this order any time but it is unlikely at this moment.

56 minutes ago, TANV said:

I just called LEGO to check on this and they told me that they're out in the US. :(

I just called because i missed that the keepsake box wasn’t added  to my order. So i’m getting a free santa snowgobe. i was told there are plenty of the globes still in the wharehouse.???

Edited by Starkthunder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Hey, did they ever publish their proof of why 21309 was retiring soon? That sure went quiet once they got called out.

Yes, he did - a LEGO guy from upper management has give this info to him.

My feeling is the same as for TabbyBoy - it will disappear soon...

Edited by mauro23