40178 - LEGO VIP Promo

32 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I scooped up one to build for $20 w/free shipping, that sure as heck beats giving Lego $125

I am waiting for the Nutcrackers next month, and who knows what is to come in December...

you forgot that for $125, you also got the caveman promo and lloyd minifigure plus the vip promo and double VIP points.  factoring in the double VIP and associated loot, 25%+ off.  easy way to pick up retiring (hopefully mint)  ferrari F40s with a few holiday promos thrown in to get to $130. 

Edited by cladner

I bought some on sale sets to part out into my bricklink store. I only make one or two orders to Lego SAH per year, the discounts + bonuses were too good to pass up this time around. 

On Sale sets (20% off) 
Double VIP 
VIP set
Cave Figs
Lloyd 

Didn't get any friends sets - none on sale I wanted, none justified spending $20 for the promo. Sales + bonuses made the sets practically half price. 

34 minutes ago, cladner said:

you forgot that for $125, you also got the caveman promo and lloyd minifigure plus the vip promo and double VIP points.  factoring in the double VIP and associated loot, 25%+ off.  easy way to pick up retiring (hopefully mint)  ferrari F40s with a few holiday promos thrown in to get to $130. 

Caveman is gone, now my army is incomplete.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

last thing LEGO needs to be doing is banning.   

I very much doubt that LEGO is interested in banning anybody, in the UK at least. They originally set limits in the UK of 5x 21309 and 3x 75192 which tells me that those who buy at the limit are unlikely to keep the sets for themselves. Some minor sets even have 20x and 50x limits. It seems to me that LEGO are in fact encouraging reselling as much as possible - could it be that they are struggling to sell sets?. After all, the number of sets sold to resellers these days probably exceeds those sold to end users. If they don't like resellers, they are their own worst enemy.

3 hours ago, brickolodon said:

For what we getting caveman minifig?

for fun.  

i just received my first round of orders with the VIP polybag and it is freaking HUGE! 

what were they thinking not putting this in a box?

i don't think banning is happening after the number of repeat orders i put in over the last week loading up on halloween thanksgiving and winter seasonal boxes.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It’s not just the Americans that get the Cave Promo. If any Brits have an O2 mobile phone, there’s a promo code on the O2 Priority app. I’m just about to order another Destiny’s Bounty ;-)

On 10/10/2017 at 8:51 AM, TabbyBoy said:

If 21309 comes back, it'll be gone again within minutes. This is the most in demand set ever - PERIOD.

It worked when using PayPal. I tried Safari/Edge/Chrome/Dolphin and the same problem. LEGO Germany had no problem, just UK.

I have a feeling that 21309 is done.

On 10/10/2017 at 9:49 AM, mauro23 said:

Yes, he did - a LEGO guy from upper management has give this info to him.

My feeling is the same as for TabbyBoy - it will disappear soon...

lego said they were producing till 2018 https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-21309-not-being-retired-soon/

anyway, i have the feeling will see this around and avaialble for all soon.

why would they sayy that if it's retiring... its not and will be around as least a year or more 

Edited by TargetZero