40178 - LEGO VIP Promo

Just a reminder to all this promotion ends the October 25th (2x VIP points + VIP Promo store bag).  

I think the huge size of the promo, double VIP, + additional promos like cave, friends, lloyd, make this one of the better promo sessions in recent memory. The only notable upcoming promotions are November 'brick friday' deals, which could be of dubious quality. I don't recall previous years offerings. 

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Muffin Cup said:

Just a reminder to all this promotion ends the October 25th (2x VIP points + VIP Promo store bag).  

I think the huge size of the promo, double VIP, + additional promos like cave, friends, lloyd, make this one of the better promo sessions in recent memory. The only notable upcoming promotions are November 'brick friday' deals, which could be of dubious quality. I don't recall previous years offerings. 

Mine wasn’t added in my last >£100 order so I called CS and they said that they’ll throw a couple in the box. You can’t fault their service. Yes, it’s a good promo and I’ll hold onto mine for the long term and let the QFLLs offload first.

last call today for VIP promo (at least reportedly).  saturn v in stock now with this promo if you buy another set to get over $125 - pick $20 in Friends set to get tic tac toe promo, + easter chick promo + vip promo and double VIP.  bought the advent calendar for my  kids.

image.thumb.png.f5159d34ae09321d79e776e6859b3521.png

Edited by cladner
  • Thanks 1

On 17. 10. 2017 at 11:30 PM, Muffin Cup said:

The only worth official LEGO deals are those 50 % off for the retiring sets..  double VIP points? Lets consider that: 1 VIP point gets you a "credit" which is worth like 5 % for the adiitional purchase. So in the same fashion double points get you 10 % - but you all know damned well that you can purchase ANY PARTICULAR SET ANY TIME for at least 20 % in the usual toy chains or supermarkets.. so what is this obsession for double or triple points? Some cute so-called rare give-away just wont justify that you had to pay e.g. 50 USD more than  elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

The only worth official LEGO deals are those 50 % off for the retiring sets..  double VIP points? Lets consider that: 1 VIP point gets you a "credit" which is worth like 5 % for the adiitional purchase. So in the same fashion double points get you 10 % - but you all know damned well that you can purchase ANY PARTICULAR SET ANY TIME for at least 20 % in the usual toy chains or supermarkets.. so what is this obsession for double or triple points? Some cute so-called rare give-away just wont justify that you had to pay e.g. 50 USD more than  elsewhere.

That is simply not true. USA is not the whole world...

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

havent you noticed that Im located in Europe? We have the same deals as you in Germany.. and look at the current offerings at TRU in Germany.. 75190 for like 99 EUR?

And what is with Silent Mary, Disney Castle, ToA? They were never off in Germany...

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

I buy from employees from the factory who can purchase items for 50 % all the time.. simple as that

they dont have Lego factory nearby so they are happy with their promotions, we dont have insane wallmart deals like them, simple as that

• Haha 1

I'd love to buy a saturn V, but I get nonstop errors trying to add it to my cart. Nice. Just the Saturn V too, nothing else. Try again! 

Lego's website continues to be atrocious for the amount of money that flows through them. Really no excuse. Not to mention the UI is one of the worst ive encountered (lego SAH one ups itself with terrible user interfaces: bricks and pieces is seriously miserable, they coulda just copied bricklink...) 

Also asked me for my opinions on the site as I was getting errors. Oh, I'll give you my "help"

Edited by Muffin Cup

2 minutes ago, Muffin Cup said:

I'd love to buy a saturn V, but I get nonstop errors trying to add things to my cart. Nice. 

Lego's website continues to be atrocious for the amount of money that flows through them. Really no excuse. Not to mention the UI is one of the worst ive encountered (lego SAH one ups itself with terrible user interfaces: bricks and pieces is seriously miserable, they coulda just copied bricklink...) 

Also asked me for my opinions on the site as I was getting errors. Oh, I'll give you my "help"

it is TOOS

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

it is TOOS

Hahah.. I see, in the details, if you click it. Disable the button or put it on the main search screen. C'mon. 

How could this possibly be misleading about in stock / out of stock:

image.png.60fc48f200637af4e8a7c93f0382c94e.png

It even tells you to try again if you click it! 

Edited by Muffin Cup

23 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

personally - as for the GUI of LEGO official e-shop - i like it. Its neat, clean design and very straightforward. Although that does not excuse the occasional hick-ups under the load.. but as for the "visual" - its nice - or not?

No easy to see option to enable more than 25 sets per page
Filter options sometimes get stuck / hidden and require cache resets or page reloads (if you inspect elements you can see where it messes up sometimes) 
Sometimes if you click buttons or pages your URL will change but not load the page (requires reload) 
Side filters automatically search on check/uncheck which causes page reloads automatically (bad) 
Sometimes pages get "stuck" when you hit next page, brings you to top of the page, but not the next 25 sets (have to clear all filters again) 
Edit: misleading flags for when things are TOOs too! I'mma add that. I was just a victim. 

I prefer simpler UI's - the trend nowadays seems to bloat UI to make it look fancy, but lacks some intuition and actual dependability. Lego is a great example of bloaty UI that looks fancy but sucks to use. 

I could go on and on, and this isn't even about bricks and pieces... but then again I'm a programmer so I'm hypercritical of technology. It should just be better for an established legacy company. 

Edited by Muffin Cup
  • Like 1

I see.. I apologize my view is based on what I experienced from the local (european SAH).. and I havent experienced your problems. Although. its been like 4-5 weeks.. browsers like Chrome, Opera tend to remember the "last page you have been on".. and display it after you start up your computer again.. and in case of LEGO SAH shop (during summer) in truly displayed the page with "sales and discounts".. approx. from the beginning of September it was always "page is not available".. - and I had to click on the shop homepage, then select "deals and xxx" and first then I got the listings of the discounted items

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

I see.. I apologize my view is based on what I experienced from the local (european SAH).. and I havent experienced your problems. Although. its been like 4-5 weeks.. browsers like Chrome, Opera tend to remember the "last page you have been on".. and display it after you start up your computer again.. and in case of LEGO SAH shop (during summer) in truly displayed the page with "sales and discounts".. approx. from the beginning of September it was always "page is not available".. - and I had to click on the shop homepage, then select "deals and xxx" and first then I got the listings of the discounted items

No need for apologies, I'm just feisty today, partially from this little TOOs thing I encountered, and pent up problems from the site over the years :)  Sorry if it seemed like I jumped on  ya. 

2 hours ago, crayxlp said:

No physical stores in my area put sets like NASA Apollo V on the shelf. There are no deals to be had beyond maybe 5% off using a store or credit card. So, double VIP may not be much, but that's already double the "credit" I would get elsewhere. This particular VIP freebie was fetching $30-40 at some point on top of the cavemen or chicken suit guy bonus. If it were any other set, I'd be patient, maybe wait until the next nutcracker/tote bag combo, but these sets have been a ghost like NES/SNES Classics, so it made sense to grab one when it's available.

4 minutes ago, Muffin Cup said:

:)  Sorry if it seemed like I jumped on  ya. 

honestly.. such a thought never crossed my mind. and I understand your frustration..  for me.. (personally) is very frustrating to decipher WHY some (totally ridiculous) sets in official LEGO e-shop at the retiring moment get 33 % off.. and some 50 %.. and - based on the theme, piece count, BP / BS reviews - it has nothing to do with the "potential" or "popularity".. its very random and kind of feels like TLG is "testing the ground" - what they can sell for what price..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lodibricks said:

No physical stores in my area put sets like NASA Apollo V on the shelf. There are no deals to be had beyond maybe 5% off using a store or credit card. So, double VIP may not be much, but that's already double the "credit" I would get elsewhere. This particular VIP freebie was fetching $30-40 at some point on top of the cavemen or chicken suit guy bonus. If it were any other set, I'd be patient, maybe wait until the next nutcracker/tote bag combo, but these sets have been a ghost like NES/SNES Classics, so it made sense to grab one when it's available.

I have no intention to  disbelief your statement. Yes, some "special" sets do not get general discounts in the general store chains.. However my first note was focused somewhere else: basically that anyone buying anything at 20 % off and being happy "what a great deal" .. should not be so enthusiastic since there are many more who can buy-in for a much lower price - and the shipping costs around the world just gets cheaper and cheaper...