21037 - LEGO House

Migration

Guest TabbyBoy

Hmmm... Interesting, but not for general sale I would think. More likely it'll be downsized and become 4002017 for this year's Xmas gift to all those UNGRATEFUL employees who will stick it on eBay as the earliest opportunity ;-)

Then again, they did help me get a "Back on track" set for £99 last year.

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Hmmm... Interesting, but not for general sale I would think. More likely it'll be downsized and become 4002017 for this year's Xmas gift to all those UNGRATEFUL employees who will stick it on eBay as the earliest opportunity ;-)

Then again, they did help me get a "Back on track" set for £99 last year.

Possible. Let's place a bet. I'm guessing this will be sold only at LEGO House.

22 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

No, not employee gift, not exclusive.

General release; its listed in the Architecture section in Brickset:

https://brickset.com/sets/21037-1/LEGO-House

The employee gifts are typically 40000xx. But as for other gifts.... See 75995 Speed Champions Mercedes AMG Petronas Team Gift. And as for only sold in one location in the world....there's no specific number/category pattern to it.

Edited by minicoopers11

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing this won't be limited at all, available everywhere Architecture sets are sold. If that image is legit, and Arc de Triomphe is 21036, I expect that The LEGO House will just be the next architecture set. What better way to promote their new attraction than put it into the minds of anyone that shops for Lego? Seems like a very sound marketing scheme to me. We'll see, but that's my 2c. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I'm guessing this won't be limited at all, available everywhere Architecture sets are sold. If that image is legit, and Arc de Triomphe is 21036, I expect that The LEGO House will just be the next architecture set. What better way to promote their new attraction than put it into the minds of anyone that shops for Lego? Seems like a very sound marketing scheme to me. We'll see, but that's my 2c. 

I hope you're right. I'll definitely get to the LEGO House at some point, but maybe not before this set is retired!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/8/2017 at 10:59 AM, SlashMcGee said:

Jut came back from Billund.  When buying some of the 4000010 LEGO houses at a shop next to the - unfortunately not yet opened - LEGO house, they where sure the 21037 is going to be sold exclusive at the LEGO house (for what it's worth).

Here´s a video of what´s inside the house. Some seriously detailed displays and a proper volcano for the City exploration vehicles.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would really like to obtain one of these sets for my personal collection - I think it looks great.  The set has 774 pieces and retails for 449 Danish Krone (about 72 USD).  What are people's thoughts about the price we'll have to pay for this set in the US?  I'm assuming prices are high currently simply due to lack of supply, but in time I'm hoping that situation will improve.  

1 hour ago, Dr Jedi said:

I would really like to obtain one of these sets for my personal collection - I think it looks great.  The set has 774 pieces and retails for 449 Danish Krone (about 72 USD).  What are people's thoughts about the price we'll have to pay for this set in the US?  I'm assuming prices are high currently simply due to lack of supply, but in time I'm hoping that situation will improve.  

As you have to go to the Lego House and probably can only buy one, not many people will be selling it. I think it is likely to only be available for about double the price. Also ordering it from Europe will get you an extra import tax. 

27 minutes ago, Legojona said:

As you have to go to the Lego House and probably can only buy one, not many people will be selling it. I think it is likely to only be available for about double the price. Also ordering it from Europe will get you an extra import tax. 

If I ever go visit the Lego House with my wife and kids, and it's indeed one set per customer, I'll have to let my wife to buy one set for herself as well. But my son and daughter might want to own one for their own collections too... *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more* ;)  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...