75187 - BB-8

brickinfinite

3 hours ago, CollectorOfLegos said:

I picked up the last one on the shelf at Target. I royally screwed up this weekend. Purchased a bunch on Friday when I was at work at SAH, got home, cancelled the order, now regretting it. Went out Saturday and picked up what I cancelled, so I missed out on the double VIP points. 

Not to mention the free promos

Like @CollectorOfLegos , I picked up a couple today at MSRP - just to make sure I didn't miss out. But I gotta believe Lego Group has thousands more in production, and all the outlets will be well stocked in October / November.  In fact, we could be the reason why they aren't taking backorders here in the USA... they know resellers are ready to put 5 on each account, but they want to make sure and have plenty for little Timmy this holiday season.

Is anybody else having issues when trying to add this set to their brickfolios? When I enter "75187" as a set number to add and hit enter nothing comes up. Out of the hundreds of sets that I've entered over the years I've never had that happen before.

On another note, this set has "winner" written all over it. This holiday season I think the demand for this set will be high, so I'm hoping production won't be able to keep up. I'm aiming for twenty to flip. Up to fourteen so far. Now is the time to stock up when nobody is doing their holiday shopping yet. If production keeps pace and the flipping opportunity doesn't present itself then I have no problem holding onto this little guy until eol.

• Like 1

This is BP's way of telling you, that it's too soon to buy even for flipping! :-). On a serious note these are everywhere despite huge demand. Last thing you want is to be tying up capital and be holding so many with it still being around for at least the next 2 years.

• Like 1

This is BP's way of telling you, that it's too soon to buy even for flipping! :-). On a serious note these are everywhere despite huge demand. Last thing you want is to be tying up capital and be holding so many with it still being around for at least the next 2 years.

Terry is still sitting on 40+ Joker Steamrollers, and his poker table full of Rey's Speeders picture is also almost 2yrs old now, so this is not new territory for him :)
  • Like 4